Infrastructure Project Manager
Posted on Sep 27, 2019 by LCA Consulting Services
Infrastructure Project Manager
The Senior Manager, Infrastructure and Operations - International will be accountable for the strategic planning and performance of the IM Infrastructure in accordance with the structures, roles and responsibilities agreed at IM leadership level. Accordingly, the Senior Manager will play a key leadership role in IM delivering services not just locally but all global locations.
The role will involve the management of a team of infrastructure engineers,.This team, while located in Ireland, carries out work worldwide and provides out of hours cover for our U.S. IM infrastructure team. The leader will play a strong role in implementing corporate standards across the company and in ensuring strong connectivity and a very productive relationship with the Global IM Infrastructure leadership and team and across the broader IM team.
The IM Infrastructure Leader will be accountable for the effective performance of our systems, within the design and security specifications established by IM, and that all applicable policies, processes, and procedures are properly communicated and followed. The successful applicant will have a very strong service and customer focus.
- Manage the day-to day planning, budgeting and operation of the IM International infrastructure function - ensuring effective service and operation of all networks, Servers, hosting, cybersecurity, Thin Client, system monitoring, generic end-user services, communications, voice systems.
- Lead, mentor and develop the IM International Infrastructure team - managing all aspects of the teams work as well as the individual performance and development of the team members. Ensure team goals are clear and agreed while fostering open discussion and debate in the creation of an inclusive environment.
- As a member of the IM International Leadership Team, execute the role of strategic and operational leader within the IM function, developing a strong and trusting working relationship with the other team leaders and the global IM Infrastructure team, contributing to the success of the IM mission.
- Develop a trusting and mutually beneficial relationship with the various key IM stakeholders and customers - both locally and internationally - as well as the various technical functions that rely on an effective and high-performing infrastructure. Specific attention will need to be paid to the building and maintenance of a productive partnership with the automation team.
- At all times ensure the compliance and security of our systems in accordance with GMP, SOX, GDPR and other regulatory requirements.
- Where appropriate, manage and lead the transfer of infrastructure services to third parties and outsourced solution providers.
- Where appropriate, participate in the design and architecture of infrastructure solutions for our business.
- Deliver appropriate documentation, designs, reports, presentations and communications to ensure effective operation of the IM infrastructure function and to ensure effective visibility and communication of its function, objectives and working methods.
- Lead incident response and the resolution of key technical issues and contribute strong leadership and responsibility during IM-related outages and incidents, collaborating as necessary with local, global and third-party teams.
- Minimum of a Computer Science, Business Informations Systems, Engineering/Science Degree or Diploma with minimum 6 years' experience in large scale, regulated, complex IM infrastructure environment
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in environments that adhere to Regulatory requirements such as FDA 21 CFR Part 211 and Part 11, EU GMP and GAMP 5 guidelines.
- Project and problem management, including effectively identifying and communicating goals, risks, stakeholders, timelines, options, and costs
- Project experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development and deployment
- Experience of managing and developing a technical team
- Demonstrable experience of providing accurate information at an appropriate level of complexity to staff in order to facilitate understanding and effective use by network/systems users
- Ability to plan and manage their own work in a complex, changing environment in order to meet set objectives and deadlines
- Ability to contribute to the success of the team by developing and utilizing effective lines of communication with other members and providing support to others as needed to ensure cohesion and consistency in approach.
- Moderate experience with VMware 6.x/5.x environments:
- Management of host VM's in a SAN-based, clustered, HA environment.
- Performance monitoring and management.
- Problem remediation for ESX Servers, vCenter, and related VMware technologies.
- Backup, Replication, and Disaster Recover.
- Moderate experience with Windows Server OS and related technologies:
- AD design, architecture, sustainability and support.
- GPO design, architecture, sustainability and support.
- DHCP, DNS, FRS, architecture, sustainability and support.
- Moderate experience with disaster recovery, data retention comprehensive backup and recovery
- Moderate experience working in complex networked environments;
- Thorough understanding of WAN/LAN troubleshooting and support.
- Cisco-based switching, routing, and wireless