R/Shiny Developer - Rome - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking - great refe
Posted on Sep 27, 2019 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "R/Shiny Developer" to start from ASAP an initial contract until 31DEC for an international Org' client in Rome with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.
Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment. Our client has a growing portfolio of web applications leveraging Ruby/Rails and other web technologies.
An important element of our client's work is the provision of updated information systems that enable operational activities. In this context, a key component is the production of dashboards and reports using consolidated corporate data, including the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
A full-stack R developer with hands-on experience in corporate applications in a GIS context is needed in order to implement an R/Shiny or similar platform, improve some existing R code and define a deploy workflow.
- Review, evaluate and modify some existing R code;
- Review and improve the R non-production platform;
- Implement an R production platform (eg R-shiny or equivalent) and an automated deployment workflow;
- Design and implement a number of GIS factsheets using R;
- Any other duties related to R functionality as required.
- Proven experience in the area with at least 5 years of work experience in R language development of web-based portals;
- Proven experience in Postgres and Postgis integration;
- Proven experience in web services integration;
- Added value would be knowledge of GIS - vector, raster data, web map services (WMS, WFS), APIs.
- Added value would be experience with PostGRE/PostGIS/Geoserver/Geonode/GDAL/Open layers/Leaflet.
- Experience on integrating GIS data from variety of sources.
- Ability to document such projects for enabling corporate adoption and process discipline.
- Good skills for map production and presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- Duty station: Rome, 100% onsite, at least for the initial contract.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.