Accounts Payable P.O. Processor
Posted on Sep 27, 2019 by Transtar Industries, Inc.
The Accounts Payable PO Processor is responsible for ensuring vendor invoices and credits are processed accurately and timely in accordance with the company and departmental policy and procedures. The individual will be responsible for the entire accounts payable process for a specific set of vendors, including reconciliation of pre-payments to the general ledger. This position will also have secondary responsibility to support the other Accounts Payable Processors or the Work Flow Coordinator.
YOUR EVERYDAY FOCUS:
- Enter a high volume of PO related invoices accurately and within 5 days of receipt.
- Process discount invoices within terms to capture maximum discounts available.
- Identify and resolve any invoice discrepancies and enter within two weeks of invoice date.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain RNVC (Receipts Not Vouchered) for specific vendors under 5 weeks.
- Request invoice copies and credit memos from vendors.
- Process credit memos for PO related invoice discrepancies.
- Process and log prepaid invoices in Microsoft Excel.
- Maintain prepaid vendor log spreadsheets for assigned vendors with no open items greater than 30 days.
- Process invoices from our Cookeville branch.
- Including coding the invoices with the proper GL Code.
- Process invoices from Amazon.
- Including coding the invoices with proper GL code.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers within 24 hours.
- Assist as a backup for the other Processors and the Work Flow Coordinator during absences and vacations.
- Assist with obtaining W9's from vendors for year end 1099 processing.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
WE'D LIKE TO MEET YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- A responsive and cooperative attitude.
- Meticulous attention to detail with a commitment to producing accurate and quality work.
- The ability to work professionally and independently in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Common knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working in an accounts payable department.
- Accounts Payable experience in a Manufacturing/Distribution environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- JD Edwards experience is preferred, but not required.