Director of Operations
Posted on Sep 27, 2019 by Tri-S Recruiters, Inc.
My client is an excellent corporation that is growing organically and by acquisitions. Excellent opportunity for an experienced Director of Operations with a focus on Distribution and Warehousing. This position oversees the operations of a diverse product portfolio of medical devices and ensuring the organization is running as well as it possibly can, with a scalable and efficient process that meets the expectations and needs of customers. Responsible for managing and leading warehousing, freight, distribution, planning, procurement, and logistics. The role will also drive continuous process improvement activities and capital expenditure projects.
- Continuous Improvement - make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Freight and Logistics
- Strategic Leadership - leading, coaching and developing a diverse group of exempt and non-exempt team members
- Capital Expenditure Projects - serving as lead for facility capital projects, problem-solving closely with the team to address new opportunities in a manner consistent with the company's objectives
- Partnership/Support - work closely and continuously with the leaders in product development, account management/customer service, maintenance, engineering and regulatory affairs to problem-solve successful product introductions, sustainable compliance and effective production planning and scheduling
- Warehousing & Order Fulfillment
- Inventory & Materials Management
- Forecasting & Planning
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or a related field
- Experience from within a regulated environment with reputable organization.
- FDA regulated industry experience is required
- At least 10 years' of progressively responsible work experience in operations/supply chain/distribution
- At least five years of experience in a management capacity
- Strong DOT and IMDG regulation compliance knowledge, HAZMAT certification required.
- Multi-site management responsibility, with global facilities.
- APICS certification
- Experience with distribution acquisition consolidation
- Strong working knowledge of WMS and TMS systems
For immediate consideration please send resume by email.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.