Agile Project Manager for a Globally Regulated B2B Payments company -
Posted on Sep 27, 2019 by IT Search & Selection
Agile Project Manager for a Globally Regulated B2B Payments company - Kilkenny based - €75k pa
Reporting to the Group Software Development Manager, the main responsibility will be working with the team of web developers working across the portfolio of web sites and working directly with clients. The role requires someone with strong verbal and written communications skills, who is able to understand the needs of the business, and the functionality of our products. The candidate should have an understanding of the full software life cycle, and knowledge of software development project management tools and methodologies is a plus.
Implement project planning to ensure projects commence with sufficient clarity for efficient execution.
Schedule resources and manage globally located cross functional teams to deliver on assigned projects on time and within budget.
Oversee the efficient continuous integration and delivery of high quality code by development teams using TDD, ATDD and appropriate agile engineering practices to minimise escaped defects.
Assist product in defining release plans; size relevant scope of work; and work with engineering teams to produce & continuously update estimates for development.
Conduct ongoing risk analysis, identify and implement risk mitigation measures.
Communicate project status and requirements to all levels of staff and management regularly; increase project transparency for all participants and stakeholders.
Oversee the maintenance and performance of software upon release to the production environment;
Work with QA's and Agile Testers to ensure comprehensive software testing and delivery quality.
The organisation is currently undergoing a multi-year transition from Waterfall to Agile development. Prior experience of Fully Planned or Adaptive project management a major plus.
Create and supervise the creation of Requirements Documentation to guide our off-site Waterfall teams.
The successful candidate will be self-directed, able to work with and develop the people around him/her. Strong interpersonal skills, time-management, and accuracy are required.
Mentor and coach development and business functions in agile implementation through Scrum.
- 3+ Years as an Agile Project Manager in a Software Development Environment.
- Leadership & Project Management experience and expertise.
- PSM II/III, A-CSM or PMI-ACP certified.
- Experience managing development workflow using Azure DevOps or JIRA.
- Demonstrable experience in the implementation of one or more scaled Scrum frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and manage risk, and balance Quality, Time, Scope and Cost.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects, consistently delivering results despite competing priorities.
- Experience defining and using agile performance metrics for continuous improvement of the development function, and experience mentoring development teams in implementation of same.
- Experience working with business functions to manage product backlogs to prioritise business value, reduce risk, and reduce release scope.
- Support in the documentation and tracking of any open issues for project teams, escalating issues to the CTO where necessary.
- Experience dealing with internal & external clients to efficiently plan and develop SAAS offerings.
- Solid business acumen.
- Knowledge of C# and OO development languages is an advantage.
- Experience in vendor negotiation and management.
- Prior experience in the role of Scrum Master a plus.
- Prior experience implementing Fully Planned, Iterative, Adaptive and Hybrid project management through PMI-PMP or equivalent a plus.