Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by WA Consultants
Required for an established software company with great, market leading mechanics, an android/iOS developer to be responsible for:
1. Maintaining, updating and evolving the architecture of our suite of mobile and wearable apps.
2. Developing, maintaining and supporting new and existing IoT apps to drive sales growth across EMEA (and beyond).
The position involves maintaining and evolving mobile applications and wearables, including native (Android/iOS) implementations, as well as code using Xamarin in the core and some native elements, including refactoring the code base to use React Native.
Main interfaces will be
- Close working relationship with wider Tech team (project manager, server development, operations, UX dev, testing)
- Close working relationship with Product management
- B.SC degree or equivalent, or relevant work experience
- Proficient in English, both written and oral
- Android/iOS Developer with experience of full development life cycle on a number of projects
- Experience from or willingness to learn React Native
- Working with RESTful APIs and Real Time asynchronous communication
- Integrating native 3rd party libraries
- Must be a systematic thinker who uses data to drive decision making
- Driven by learning and continuous improvement
- International outlook with exposure to working across several markets, including language challenges (variable character length translations etc.)
- Experience of coding native Android/iOS applications Wear/Watch
- Experience of creating custom interfaces and interactions
- Experience of working with applications using BLE communication
- Experience of working with AWS services, especially Cognito
- Experience of working with XMPP or MQTT
To arrange a telephone interview, please send CV to (see below) or call Jonathan Taylor on (see below).
WA Consultants is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as described within The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.