Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by MW Recruitment
Role- Automated/Manual Tester
Location - Central London
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client based in Westminster is looking to hire a QA Tester to run and maintain the automated regression test suite and support the development team with other manual and automated testing duties. The QA Tester is needed to run and maintain the automated regression test suite and support the development team with other manual and automated testing duties. Our client is a vendor and the primary application is Calypso and will be the primary application to test within this space along with an extensive number of custom interfaces and supporting applications. The automated test suite will be extended to other applications in due course.
The ideal candidate will have Calypso experience and come from a banking background an have good knowledge of Financial products (Front Office, Middle and Back Office).
Candidates main Skills
- Demonstrate a history of automating manual testing/build/deploy processes.
- Be skilled in using and developing test automation frameworks.
- Have working knowledge of QTP/UFT and VBScript.
- Have experience of Server Side testing (FIX, XML, log files).
- Have experience of enterprise UI test automation (Java Swing, WPF)
- Be able to perform investigative testing and provide test analysis to developers.
- Be able to extend the test suite and identify areas without test coverage.
- Be able to aggregate and present test results succinctly
- Be willing to investigate existing processes and question/criticise and offer suggestions to improve processes.
- Have a good working knowledge of Windows, Linux, SQL
- Java/Bash scripts
- Financial products (Front Office, Middle and Back Office)
- Jira, SVN, TeamCity
- Excellent communicator, both in the technical and business arenas.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Dependable and responsible for providing progress and status reporting.
- Drive to improve processes and explore new technologies to meet ever changing business and technical challenges.
- Willingness to be hands on and learn in a fast-paced financial environment.