Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
Our client is looking for a Technical Writer to support their Geo product team for a 12 month project in Zurich. If you're an experienced developer writer, know how engineers think and what they need to know to do their job, and like bringing order out of chaos, this job is for you! Your audience is internal engineers, and you'll work with technical leads, technical managers, and program managers to set priorities and tackle the most important jobs first. You should feel at ease with complex technologies, be familiar with Front End systems, and enjoy simplifying difficult concepts and tasks and presenting them clearly in your straightforward, easy-to-understand prose.
This position is action-oriented and proactive and requires a fast learner. You'll work with the Geo team, which is spearheading a project to improve developer documentation and education, focusing on cohesion, freshness, findability, and engineering velocity.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Produce clear and succinct educational materials on the web for developers who are in a big hurry to get tasks done.
- Write, manage and edit docs for engineering teams and drive active contributions from engineers themselves.
- Make sure the content addresses engineers' specific needs regarding domain ramp-ups, data migrations, launch calendars, more.
- List of all the skills (education, technical and soft skills) required to be successful in the position BA/BS degree.
- Manager is open to any area of study. In lieu of degree, 2 additional years of relevant work experience creating technical documentation.
- At least 3 years of work experience with technical documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex technical concepts and communicate them to a technical audience.
- Experience using developer tools and version control systems.
- Experience working closely with engineers. Good design sense.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Can create well-organized docs that help our engineers get up to speed quickly.
- Proven track record of researching and writing effective documentation for developers, including architectural overviews and programming guides.
If youre interested in this job opportunity, feel free to get in contact with me so we can discuss further details. I look forward to hearing back from you.