E-Commerce Business Analyst
Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
All the operations related to the platform are the backbone to the sustainable growth of the business and utilize a lot of data to keep doing it better every day. Turning this data into useful, consumable information with insights we can act on, helps us to be better partner with our merchants and carriers, which ultimately has a positive effect on our customers.
The ideal person for this role will be able to analyze large and complex sets of data to highlight performance, identify areas of improvement and ultimately provide a better business understanding to both internal and external parties. The person will have existing, advanced SQL knowledge and business analytics skills to build insights from the data and support the Operational team working closely with merchants.
The person will also be able to work well with cross-functional teams (Product, Business Development, technical integration) to provide an Ops perspective to improve our product. With teams across Switzerland, France and California, this person will help keep our merchants and partners accountable to our high standards and identify areas of improvement to meet the expectations of our customers.
- Independently develop SQL queries to retrieve data and develop recommendations for continuous quality improvement of merchant operations.
- Provide quantitative support, business understanding, and performance insights to teammates, partners, and clients.
- Use modelling and analysis to highlight performance and track and analyze key performance indicators (fill rate, parcel on-time, root causes, etc.) to identify areas for improvement.
- Draw data-based insights, even with limited information and changing constraints.
- Identify areas of improvement and lead projects related implementation of these recommendations.
- Fluent/Proficiency in both English and French languages.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Operations or Analytics (or equivalent practical experience).
- Prior experience in data collection and analysis using statistical software and database tools (eg SQL).
- Proven track record of partnering effectively on cross-functional projects or teams, with the ability to influence by effectively communicating and presenting data in a compelling way.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time with a high tolerance for ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact across a broad range of organizational levels and functions.
- 2+ years experience in business analysis or modelling in logistics and/or retail operations.
- Experience analysing data using statistical software and database languages to identify trends, develop relevant insight, and recommend business improvements.