Data Business Intelligece & Analytics Consultant
Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by Hi-Calibre International
Data Business Intelligece & Analytics Consultant
€42K to 70K D.O.E. basic plus Bonus & Bens
You will be part of a new exciting Data Consulting Practice as Part of a larger Group of Consulting Divisions for this fast growth Group of Companies in France.
Working closely with the Practice Director and Data strategic Team, you will be a Subject Matter Expert, SME, to provide specialist direction and governance regarding Data Strategy and Data Quality Management and processes for BI & Analytics.
This is a hands on Consulting role where you will use a mix of your commercial and technical skills and work with the existing customers to identify their Data needs and provide the right tools and solutions.
You will be involved in Data visualisation for full life cycle including implementation delivery using tools like Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy for end to end Data Quality Visualisation, Management and BI Analytics for business transformation etc. You will have some hands-on skills to build and present Proof of Concept, PoC and these may include:
Python, R, Scala, Talend with an understanding of Algorithms and Datamodelling data warehousing, DW and working with the Technical teams in Agile on customer site to walk them through the new strategy and create the workshops for discover and delivery and customer on-boarding.
This is a really varied and exciting career position and ideally you will have some of the following:
Data Architecture & Data Operations, evaluating Compliance and Risk issues across the Group & Treasury Data Management, create a Template for the business and preparation of Programs & workshops to educate the Senior users of Data and create Data models with the experts around you, using your Business Analysis skills and Senior level engagement skills.
This will include a wide variety of tasks and stakeholder management including:
Working on Data Architecture & Data Operations, evaluating Compliance and Risk issues across the Group & Customer's CRM & Data Management. Help create a Template for the Business Services to be offered and delivered, ie Data Audit, Deep Dive, Data Governance & Compliance checks or similar and preparation of Programs & Workshops to educate the Senior users of Data and create Data models with the experts around you also using your Business Analysis skills and Senior level engagement experience.
Data Documentation and Maintenance
- Support the data control documentation activities for Risk, Finance & the Treasury ensuring it is documented across all Data Domains
- Maintain the Data Cleansing and Process flow diagrams associated to the key Data Domains for CRM and visualisation
- Support the preparation of Data Workshops and discovery meetings
- Identify business needs and Systems where Data Entity Standards (DES) is applicable and sources of data used across all Business Units
- Identify Critical Data Elements across DES for each Business Unit and recommend changes
- Work alongside Data Architecture teams to help identify and track migration of data processes & Data Sources etc.
- Support the change management and review processes to ensure the artifacts are kept current
- Engage with business SMEs in Banking and Finance across Functions, Business and Programs to work on the creation of Data Models for core Data Groups/Entities within the Group.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in each stakeholder population.
- Manage and maintain the flow of communication between key stakeholders across the group.
- Engage with stakeholders across multiple functions and areas (CRM, Risk, Finance and Treasury & much more).
- Work with individuals at all levels of seniority.
- Manages conflicts and drive discussions to reach a common consensus.
- 3+ years in Consulting, ideally with a Data Management or Software Tools Practice.
- Strong understanding of Data Management concepts with ability to identify and solve master data issues and governance.
- Strong attention to detail & willingness to learn and be curious to build solutions and PoC etc.
- Excellent communication skills and track record of operating amongst senior management teams.
- Experience in facilitating large workshops/running cross-Group meetings & Training.
- A self-starter able to work with high level of motivation, and a clear end goal.
- Must be willing to be hands-on for complex data analysis efforts.
- Capacity to work proactively with colleagues across the organisation to build transparent, lasting relationships, delivering real value to the organisation.
- Previous experience working on database solutions, data warehouse, OLAP, ETL etc.
- Experience in Risk, Finance and/or Treasury areas of corporate and/or banking.
- Understanding relational databases, risk systems/architecture.
- Experience of working across global organisations, speaking and presenting in English & French.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BSc/BEng).
- Experience in Data Management & BI Tools.
- Understanding of Risk, Finance and CRM functions.
- Knowledge of Project Lifecycle methods (eg Software Development Lifecycle, Agile) and understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management.
- Competent MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, poss. Visio skills for build etc.
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Able to analyse complex and technical information.
- Able to quickly adapt to change and present ideas and inspire others to make changes and improvements etc. in Data needs.
- Able to work both independently and a proven team player.