Infrastructure & IT Lead
Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by ITech Consult
Infrastructure & IT Lead
Our client is a Cork based company with a mission to build highly available, lightning fast, scalable betting and trading technology.
They are currently looking for a Infrastructure & IT Lead.
* Plan, design and execute the deployment of highly available IT infrastructure and associated support services, including networks, Servers, storage, security, systems and applications
* Key responsibility for the security, scalability, performance and redundancy of the software infrastructure.
* Proactively perform operational management of the data-centres and environments
* Create an ongoing, product-led, infrastructure roadmap for the company
* Oversee and prioritise associated day-to-day operational activities, tactical projects and strategic initiatives
* Develop and implement policies, procedures and standards across all aspects of the infrastructure and internal IT systems
* Coordinate the analysis and troubleshooting of performance and availability of all systems and networks
* Provide information and advice to the key stakeholders on network infrastructure risks and issues as appropriate
* Ensure that the network and systems adhere to relevant standards including those set out by law, and other regulatory and statutory bodies
* Provide leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations and SLA compliance
* Continually improve the performance of IT operations
* Participate in IT strategic planning, project planning and budget planning efforts
* Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
* Minimum of 6-years' experience in a System Admin or similar role
* Experience leading teams
* Understanding of various database technologies
* Highly organised, self-motivated and pro-active
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
* Relevant third level qualification(s)
* Eligibility to live and work in Ireland
* Experience with all of the following; CentOS, HAProxy, Windows, KVM, PFSense, Jenkins, Foreman, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes
Nice to Have(s):
* Experience in managing infrastructure for low latency high volume systems an advantage
* Knowledge of Micro-service Architectures an advantage
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918557FK
Role: Infrastructure & IT Lead
Location: Co. Cork
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.