Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by Bridgeway Academy
Bridgeway Academy is a Columbus, Ohio based nonprofit organization providing educational and therapeutic services for children with autism and other developmental disabilities and with a mission to inspire the potential and celebrate the ability of every child.
We offer an integrated approach to meet each child's needs. This collaborative effort combines professionals in the fields of music therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, behavioral and educational services to include home based services.
Bridgeway Academy is seeking a Full time Development Manager. The Development Manager will report to the Director of Advancement and support all resource development activities, including but not limited to:
- supervising program grant implementation
- individual donor stewardship and engagement
- corporate volunteer stewardship and engagement, and
- event management and execution
The Development Manager will participate in the implementation of fund development strategies as well as donor and grant research and tracking; and work closely with the Communication Manager to support and collaborate on approaches for both internal and external communication.
The Development Manager will support the organization's Capital Campaign efforts and assist with organizing meetings, tracking campaign activity and organizing campaign events.
This position will work in both the Primary and Secondary buildings. Hours will include some weekend and evening work as required by the position. The successful applicant will have excellent phone, interpersonal and writing skills, will be detail oriented and able to work with a diverse population of staff, families and volunteers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Director of Advancement, cultivate sponsorships to support annual fundraising events.
- Assist with the implementation, management and execution of all fundraising and donor events.
- Assist in the building, cultivating and stewarding of donor relationships to help increase contributed revenues with a special focus on families and extended families to support the organization's Planned Giving program.
- Support the staff scholarship campaign committee administratively; assist in developing and implementing incentive programs and year-long activities.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of grant-funded programs and assist with final reporting.
- Manage Bridgeway Academy's volunteer program including the cultivation and stewardship of corporate volunteerism.
- Schedule regular meetings for the Campaign Committee: create agendas, take notes and send follow-up reports.
- Maintain master campaign calendar.
- Plan and execute all campaign related events.
- Assist with other administration tasks as requested.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- A Bachelor Degree preferably in Marketing, Communications or Business, and 2 to 3 years of related experience working in a development/fundraising environment. Experience working in a non-profit environment preferred.
- Excellent communication with strong verbal, nonverbal, written and listening skills; and have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- The ability to facilitate discussions with senior leadership and staff and clearly communicate strategies to promote engagement.
- The ability to be self-directed with the capacity to meet or exceed established work deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with organization leadership, staff, volunteers, board members, donors, parents, community groups and vendors.
- The ability to uphold the vision, mission, and values of Bridgeway Academy.
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and spreadsheets required. Knowledge of e-Tapestry or other Blackbaud product or similar CRM system is beneficial but not required.
- Must be able to travel by car to meetings and work assignments requiring a valid driver's license and insurance record.
- Duties may require working under time constraints to meet deadlines and working extended hours during peak work times.
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. A BCI/FBI background screening is required
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.