Editorial Assistant - External Writing Team
Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by CGP Books
Editorial Assistant External Writing Team
£18k 20k plus great benefits
CGP's unique writing style is well-known, but teachers also play an important part in our finished products. Building strong relationships between our 75-strong in-house Editing team and our freelance authors and proof-readers is the role of the Editorial Assistant.
As Editorial Assistant, you'll juggle multiple book projects and support the smooth running of the department by:
*Assessing and testing new external authors and proof-readers
* Commissioning work and organising proofing on behalf of the Editing team
* Obtaining permission to use copyright images and text in our products
* Preparing agreements and contracts with third parties
* Carrying out project and department admin
We don't expect you to have any Publishing experience already but you'll have to be computer savvy and good on Excel. To be considered you'll also need to show us you're:
* Bright with good A-Levels (possibly a degree)
* Highly organised happy working on multiple projects with tight deadlines
* Flexible and open-minded quick to adapt to Editing team needs
* Comfortable with all forms of communication
* Methodical and precise with great attention to detail Excited?
CGP Books - The UK's No. 1 Educational Publisher
Closing Date: Monday 7th October 2019
Please note that you must send both CV and Covering Letter for your application to be accepted.
To apply, email us your CV, together with a cracking covering letter telling us why you're the right person for the role. Please click the apply button below to submit your CV and Covering Letter to the employer.