DevOps Engineer (git/jira/kubernetes/docker)
Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by Sentinel IT LLP
DevOps Engineer (git/jira/kubernetes/docker swarm) Financial Greenfield Application is needed for an IMMEDIATE start working in Zurich on the end-to-end deployment greenfield banking application. This is your chance to focus on the CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION & CONTINUOUS DEPLOYMENT of an innovative application rolled out across Europe for a leading bank.
Due to this new product launch, new additions to the team are required to help the project move quickly and smoothly.
NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN THE BANKING SECTOR IS REQUIRED!
This is initially a 3 month contract, however the work is expected to continue until at least 2021.
- Focus on the coding and maintenance of an essential application designed to replace an old model.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that enhancements and improvements can be made on a continuous basis.
- test an monitor the application on a frequent basis and containerise in order to speed up the process.
- 4 years + in a devops environment (preferred in the financial/banking sector)
- Recent use of Kubernetes and an indepth understanding of similar containerisation orchestration tools (Docker Swarm).
- Use of Jira for bug/issue handling is a major advantage but not essential.
- Atleast A2+ German is absolutely necessary.
This application process consists of one face-to-face interview and is expected to be a fast moving process.