IT Support Assistant
Posted on Sep 26, 2019 by ITech Consult
IT Support Assistant
Our client is dedicated to delivering excellence in service. Using the latest IT technology and wealth of experience they create logistics solutions tailored to your individual needs. Whether you have an Express shipment from London, a 40 ft from China or an urgent Airfreight consignment to the USA, our client offers you the complete package.
* Assist the IT manager in the delivery of user IT support throughout the company
* Help ensuring computer hardware and software is updated and maintained properly.
* Install and maintain a variety of peripherals
* Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems
* Assist with the preparation of technical manuals and IT documentation
* Assist users in handling and learning desktop applications
* Assist in the maintenance and development of networks
* Assist in any new and ongoing projects
* Other associated tasks as required.
* The candidate should be familiar with the operation of Windows Active Directory domains
* Should be well versed in the process of troubleshooting Windows endpoints
* Should have a good understanding of standard Microsoft client software and be able to pass on knowledge to users as required
* Should have a good understanding of network elements and infostructure
* Must be able to quickly learn new company specific software in order to be able to support users.
* The ability to think logically
* A good memory of how software and operating systems work
* Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
* Problem solving skills
* The ability to prioritise workload
* Attention to detail.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918624FK
Role: IT Support Assistant
Industry: Freight forwarding service
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.