CICS Tech Lead
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
CICS Tech Lead
- Design, plan, implement and secure new functionality and improvements deliver with product upgrades to drive efficiencies, improved services and cost reduction
- Collaborate with z/OS Support, Network, Security and Application Support teams in the development of solutions and practices
- Research and implement recognized best practices for managing the Transaction Systems environment
- Define new CICS and/or IBM MQ components in support of application or infrastructure projects
- Ensure timely updates and maintenance of CICS components and IBM MQ queue managers
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of CICS and/or IBM MQ incidents, issues and problems.
- Take ownership for and resolve highly complex or critical incidents within the Mainframe transaction systems environment
- Develop best practice techniques for team's products that result in low incidents and high availability.
- Provide project consultation to business application teams; assist in the design and development of CICS and/or IBM MQ solutions
- Participate in reviewing and updating in-house developed CICS programs and utilities
- Understand CICS Performance and Tuning to identify opportunities for performance and capacity improvements and when required engage with business application teams to assist with implemented recommended changes
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of knowledge and experience supporting Transaction Systems applications (CICS, MQ), preferably in a system programmer role.
- Experience with the architecture and configuration of Transaction Systems applications
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve Transaction Systems application problems
- Experience of building and working in partnership with a client base and vendors
- Experience within a zOS multi-LPAR, multi-site sysplex environment
- Experience installing and supporting ISV software products; experience working with SMP/E
- Extensive experience working with TSO, ISPF/PDF and SDSF
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: