Business Systems Analyst
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Liberty Speciality Markets
Business Systems Analyst
About the Team:
The support, maintenance and enhancements of LSM information. This is to include, but will not be limited to, the implementation of business applications, support of existing in-house applications and associated components including source system interfaces.
About the Role:
- To administer, support and maintain applications supporting various business functions, predominantly focusing on, but not limited to, Claims.
- Document, maintain and ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- To provide support and guidance to the business users.
- Co-ordinate enhancements and upgrades as and when required.
- Ensure products have been produced according to company procedures and standards.
- Assist with solution design and in the preparation of system test plans.
- Liaise with systems/infrastructure teams to ensure successful deployment of new products to live environment.
- Maintain close, good working relationships with colleagues and customers of the department.
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory requirements forms part of your role, and the demonstration of behaviours as set out in the Conduct Risk Policy, as they relate to your role, is core to LSM's commitment to placing customers at the centre of our business and behaving with integrity. LSM expects you to understand your responsibilities relating to all regulatory and internal requirements, and to proactively demonstrate compliance with these requirements and behaviours at all times. These requirements include Solvency II, fair treatment of customers, Financial Crime, Data Protection, Conflicts of Interest, and Whistleblowing.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- General knowledge of IT concepts and methodologies; SDLC, information management and portfolio management (e.g. release planning, change management).
- Experience in the support of production systems in a medium to large organisation.
- Excellent inter-departmental communication skills.
- To be professional, confident and approachable at all times.
- To have a proactive, positive attitude towards work, challenges and colleagues.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well
- under pressure.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent technical and interpersonal abilities, strong analysis skill.
- Display the ability to influence and collaborate well within a team and across departments.
- Experience of using and supporting a Claims Management System
- Experience of working in an agile delivery environment.
- Financial services background.
- The ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Experience of designing/developing test plans and test cases.
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days' holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
We know that each of us has a 'unique perspective', shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. D&I embraces all of those dimensions which make each of us who we are; a combination of visible and invisible differences which guide our perspectives and approaches in life.
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals. We have an inclusive culture and leadership where all colleagues are empowered to be their unique selves and fully contribute to getting things done. And we are as committed to helping each other internally, as we are to helping our customers, communities and shareholders externally.
We currently celebrate a number of aspects of D&I and are expanding our strategic and tactical approaches to ensure that we celebrate many more in the coming months and years.