Senior Data Finance Analyst
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Liberty Speciality Markets
Senior Data Finance Analyst
About the Team:
Our MI team work with the business and IT to deliver emerging requirements to support and enhance Financial, Regulatory, Actuarial and MI reporting across the organisation
About the Role:
We're looking for a Senior Data Finance Analyst to join our London office on a permanent basis.
Your focus will be working with the business to understand and capture emerging requirements, translating business requirements into language and specifications required for IT development.
This will require you to liaise with IT to ensure delivery is on track, providing support and analysis where appropriate.
You will have an interest in applying your knowledge to real world problems and data sets and use these to coordinate and assist with the testing of solutions, providing feedback and evidence in accordance with IT practices.
Any issues and bugs raised will need to be recorded in sufficient detail to be troubleshooted and resolved
What the ideal candidate will have:
- Expert in data analysis, reconciliation and testing methodologies
- Expert in RDBMS interrogation and development ideally with data modelling experience
- Expert in T-SQL, preferably with experience using Microsoft SQL Server BI stack
- Experience delivering and working with data solutions for financial ledger systems and data warehouses
- Knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet and other Financial processes
- Self-starter with high initiative and experience leading projects and driving requirements to delivery
- Collaborates effectively with other teams and individuals.
- Communicates well at all levels across business-focused, technical and support departments
- Proven ability managing complex workloads to challenging timeframes
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, data modelling and re/insurance highly desirable
LSM reward individuals based on their performance, ability and attitude, no matter the focus or seniority of their role, with our competitive benefits package. All LSM employees have access to flexi-benefits to suit their particular lifestyle needs, which include competitive basic salary, pension and bonus, 25 days' holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5), generous contribution towards gym membership, private health and dental care and full health screening, good maternity and paternity leave options, full study support towards any relevant qualifications and flexibility to work remotely. On top of all of this we are based in the prestigious Walkie Talkie building and all employees have individual and guest access to the Sky Garden.
We know that each of us has a 'unique perspective', shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of difference. D&I embraces all of those dimensions which make each of us who we are; a combination of visible and invisible differences which guide our perspectives and approaches in life.
At LSM, we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration and we know that working together to share our unique perspectives helps us make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals. We have an inclusive culture and leadership where all colleagues are empowered to be their unique selves and fully contribute to getting things done. And we are as committed to helping each other internally, as we are to helping our customers, communities and shareholders externally.
We currently celebrate a number of aspects of D&I and are expanding our strategic and tactical approaches to ensure that we celebrate many more in the coming months and years.