Graduate Front End Developer
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by STEM Graduates into Business
Made with Maturity are a growing web design and digital marketing agency with exciting plans for the future. Set up and run by Ben and Clare Stirling who have 20 years of commercial experience each, working with some of Europe's largest brands on exciting website and digital projects. So far, MWM has kept a lean in-house team and have utilised a great network of freelancers, contractors and partner companies to fulfill contracts. With business growth, they now need to increase the in-house team and bring a talented front-end developer into the permanent team. Although this role is initially offered out as a 12-month internship, MWM is aiming to offer a longer-term opportunity for the right person. Show them what you can do!
They are looking for someone who:
- is from a computing or similar related degree (graduated in the last 3 years)
- has a passion for UI and front-end usability
- is competent in using Advanced Custom Fields, SaSS and using libraries to create bespoke responsive websites
- has experience of working alongside creative designers or can show examples of where you have paid special attention to detail
- has proven teamwork experience and be an excellent communicator
- has SEO skills (desirable but not essential)
You will be working alongside the established UX and Creative Design team to build awesome websites for an impressive set of clients including James Martin, NHS, Ministry of Defence, Exeter City Council, EasyCar, Benjamin Britten and other national brands they are not allowed to talk about due to NDA's!
At MWM you will not only get great mentorship from the experienced team but as your experience grows, will be able to shape and build your role, embedding your own ideas and methods. Although you do not need to be a designer, you do ideally need to be a developer who appreciates the finer details of design and can offer creative ideas for clients' projects.
This is a terrific opportunity to:
- take your next step in your career and work in a team that gives you a voice and can give you the freedom to put your own mark in an ambitious growing agency.
- work on some exciting national and regional brands
- work hard, but get lots of job satisfaction in seeing your ideas and creations come to life.
And there's the cookies and cream teas!
Interested? Send a Cover Letter and CV by clicking APPLY NOW by 29th September 2019
This role is being advertised as part of STEM Graduates into Business, a European Regional Development Funded project delivered by the University of Plymouth Careers Service. Its aim is to increase the number of paid internships available to recent graduates with small and medium sized enterprises based in Devon. Funded until spring 2021, the project should produce 80 internships with 80 separate employers across the county.
By providing support and funding to the SMEs, it is hoped that a cohort of graduate employing SMEs will be created which will continue to employ graduates beyond the life of the project.