Field Service Engineer
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Capita Resourcing IT
Overall Purpose of Role
A Field Service Engineer (Grade 4), also referred to as a Senior Engineer L1, supports and resolve End User and On-Premise Server hardware issues within their designated region and will travel from customer to customer providing deskside support, or remote worker location.
A Grade 4 Engineer is required to work a 1 in 4 week Out of Hours (OoH) rota if required, to cover specific customers OoH, Weekends, Bank Holidays, Public Holidays (including Christmas and New Year). A Rota Payment scheme will be applied and agreed with the line manager in line with the location and customer requirement.
This is an expanding, challenging and demanding role, providing a front-line interface between our high-profile customers and Capita ITS. Working to extremely tight Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure Capita achieve its contractual obligations and to meet the business units Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) detailed below.
The engineer is expected to align their working behaviour to the Field Services DNA profile, this document will maintain the required standards expected from all Capita Engineers.
To resolve hardware faults in line with the contracted services, on a variety of End User technologies. The engineer is expected to manage his or her ticket queue to ensure SLAs are achieved. Likewise, the engineer is expected to manage the customers expectations to drive customer satisfaction.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Ability to follow a SMART Hands working process:
- Printers (LED, Laser, Ink Jet and Dot Matrix) - 2nd and 3rd Line support, Component replacement hardware breakfix.
- Desktop/Workstation - (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, Generic) - 2nd and 3rd Line support, Component replacement hardware breakfix. and working knowledge of Windows environment.
- Laptop - (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, Generic) - 2nd and 3rd Line support, Component replacement hardware breakfix and working knowledge of Windows environment.
- Thin Clients (Dell, HP, Lenovo, Generic) 2nd and 3rd Line support, Component replacement hardware breakfix
- Tablet configurations and diagnostic or fault-finding skills
- On Premise Service side support with 2nd Line support, Module replacement hardware breakfix
- Configure & replace Routers, Switches, Hubs and modems
- VOIP Phones - 2nd Line support, Module replacement hardware breakfix
- Chip & Pin Devices - Module replacement, Swap out and configuration
- MS Windows (in service life versions)
- MS Office (in support life versions)
- Image build's & configuration (Including data backup and recovery)
Candidate Technical Requirements and Personal Attributes (Essential and Desirable)
- Working knowledge of MS Windows OS & MS Office Suite
- 3-year End User Devices hardware experience
- 2-year Server and Software hardware experience
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Clean driving licence
- Team Player
- Self-Management with Good Organisational Skills.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to follow remote advanced technical instruction
Ideally they will possess:
Essential Working knowledge
- Desktop/Workstation - (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, Generic)
- Laptop - (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, Generic)
- Server Module Support
- Network Module Support
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.