External Manufacturing Operations Manager
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Elevate Direct
Reporting to the External Manufacturing Make Director, J&J Vision, the Operations Manager will be responsible for the governance and oversight of a global portfolio of External Manufacturers (EM). The focus of the role is continuously improving the operational performance to delivery products meeting quality, service and cost standards. The role requires excellent levels of communication and collaboration with both the External Manufactures and all internal functions that constitutes the Surgical Vision E2E Supply Chain. The role is a critical component in building JJV's External Manufacturing capabilities to support our 2030 Vision to be the world leader in eye health.
- Ensures all quality and service contracts are executed to deliver optimum cost, reliable and compliant supply of products across a portfolio of Global External Manufacturers.
- Lead a global Surgical Vision Supplier Relationship Team (SRT), which is the cross functional team supporting the EM portfolio, to deliver all operational performance results and improvements across quality, service and cost.
- Implements policies, standards, and guidelines in line with the JJOS based EM governance processes developed at JJSV.
- Ensures best practice risk management processes and tools are implemented to identify and manage all risks across quality, service reliability, capacity and cost.
- Build strong strategic relationships and partnerships, internal and external, to deliver on business-critical priorities to support short term needs and long-term strategies.
- Continuously improve supply and service reliability by leading the SRT to ensure successful process improvements and project execution, review prospective improvements, corrective actions, validations and manufacturing scale ups at the external sites, and provide leadership in escalating and resolving problems.
- Provide regular performance metrics and reports to the JJV Leadership teams which demonstrate appropriate performance management in areas such as quality & compliance, customer service; reliability and cost.
- Maintain awareness of current industry trends and conditions that affect suppliers, cost of goods, pricing and may have operational or strategic implications for the company.
Experience and Key Competencies
- Experience in any combination of the following related areas: Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain Planning, Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, and Distribution.
- Previous experience in Medical Device manufacturing
- Proven high levels of effective communication skills, oral and written is required. Comfortable with virtual communications and with global attendees across multiple levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, negotiation, financial, or analytical skills would be highly beneficial.
- Prior experience in managing suppliers, negotiating contracts and working on supplier agreements is preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business.
This position may require up to 50% domestic and international travel.
If you match these requirements, please apply as usual. Elevate will send you an email, please open, click and action it and your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly.
Elevate provides a route to contract and contingent assignments across many skills areas by matching your profile to relevant jobs that our customers post to the platform.