Lead Piping Engineer
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Vivid Resourcing Ltd
My Client is currently looking to recruit a Lead Piping Engineer to join their operations in Amsterdam.
My Client is looking to engage this Engineer on a 12 month basis Please see the details below -
* Lead a team of piping engineers and designers.
* Carry out performance appraisals for direct reports.
* Identify the training and development requirements of staff in Piping Function and agree with Mechanical Manager how these objectives are achieved.
* Where necessary assist the Mechanical Manager with the performance management of staff.
* Assist Mechanical Manager to manage any sickness/absence/attendance issues in the piping function.
* Identify functional delivery problems at an early stage and proactively intervene to Remedy.
* Regularly review functional technical scope on contracts.
* Ensure acceptable levels of productivity on contract delivery.
* Maintain contact with client functional leads to monitor levels of satisfaction.
* Ensure the safe working of the Piping Function.
* Ensure that all required risk assessments are created and maintained.
* Ensure the Piping Function complies with company Quality Management System.
* Develop and maintain Piping Function standards.
* Undertake quality audits in the Piping Function to ensure compliance.
* Ensure that deliverables on contracts are to the appropriate quality standard.
* Report upwards to Mechanical Manager on any issues arising in areas such as safety, integrity, operational issues, financial performance, utilisation, personal performance and conduct.
* Assist the Mechanical Manager with recruitment and retention to meet the needs of contract resourcing and succession plans.
* Manage utilisation in order to achieve Piping Function's and personal targets.
* Assist the Mechanical Manager to ensure that contracts are manned with appropriate technical capability.
* Assist the Mechanical Manager with ensuring that the Piping Function works in an integrated and efficient way across all ABB Consulting locations.
* Carry out Contract Management for jobs within the Piping Function, including all aspects of invoicing and controlling costs.
* Provide monthly forecasts of the financial revenue and workload to the Mechanical Manager.
* Ensure that the work of the Piping Function on contracts is delivered on time and within budget.
* Submit design changes to clients in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all contract documentation is identified, circulated, revised, stored and archived in line with the ABB or contract requirements.
* Prepare Piping Function Proposals of a high quality, presenting clients with a compelling reason for placing an order with ABB Consulting.
* Prepare estimates that are complete and sufficiently accurate and with provision of contingencies, where required.
* Assist the Mechanical Manager in the development and maintenance of pre-qualification data for the Piping Function.
* Promote and keep abreast of product developments in the Piping Function.
* Maintain a high profile within the functional community.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
(Knowledge, skills and experience which are absolutely essential for the new hire to have).
* Piping function specialist, mmust have a deep understanding and broad experience in piping discipline.
* Thorough knowledge of design specs and standards used in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & gas Industries
* Engineering Education to Graduate Level
* Minimum of ten years of experience in a similar role.
* Good grasp of each stage of the project process in the process industries.
* Good communication skills
* Driving License
(Knowledge, skills and experience which would be advantageous for the new hire to have).
* Member of relevant Engineering Institution
* Good commercial awareness.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.