Cybersecurity Applications Engineer (Lead)
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Request Technology - Connor Roettig
Lead Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
This role requires the proactive identification and solution of some of the most complex enterprise-scale information security problems. The lead CyberSecurity Solutions Engineer researches, designs, and develops new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors. The person in this role will contribute to the development and execution of strategic information security architecture to enable effective business operations, manage enterprise risk, and address business or regulatory issues.
In addition to being an individual contributor, the lead CyberSecurity Solutions Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of information security strategy and architecture by analysing business impact and exposure and working with other IT Architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements. The candidate should have a breadth of technical experience and some leadership/client service expertise as the role requires the constant communication and customer interfacing.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for application security and a broad background in Java, Python, DevOps, and cloud. Some experience with cybersecurity architecture is a big plus.
How you will make an impact:
- Possession of a holistic view of threat, vulnerability, and risk as well as their relationship
- Deep understanding of internals and constructs of at least two main modern operation systems(Linux, OS, Windows)
- Acumen with application and business logic Embedded in business systems
- Knowledge of open security testing standards and projects, including OWASP
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, Python, C, C++, PowerShell
- Experience employing phishing and other social engineering tactics
- Experience using multiple command and control channels, including DNS and HTTPS
- Proven ability to effectively communicate findings and mitigation strategies to stakeholders and develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Team work and ability to promote a working environment that increases collaboration, predictability, transparency and promotes a culture of experimentation and innovation
- Effective and consistent collaboration through available mediums that enable remote team communication
Benefits & Perks
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities