Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Western Reserve Historical Society
The Advancement Coordinator will work closely with and report to the Senior Vice President of Advancement to assist with the management of the Advancement department's data system, WRHS various lines of contributed income, and support departmental fundraising efforts. They will also be responsible for all membership data entry and management.
This position is Full time professional position and is non-exempt from overtime compensation.
Volunteers as assigned.
1. Plan and manage the Advancement department's system of data and gift processing, prepare donor reports, generate prospect profiles, maintain donor records, generate mail and email lists, maintain internal constituency lists, and develop and record protocols for data input and reporting.
2. Support the Advancement team in the production of solicitation mailing, acknowledgement letters and other donor mailings including Advancement department communications to donors, invitations, etc.
3. Support the Advancement Associate with the screening and cultivation of prospective Annual Fund donors through outreach, prospect cultivation and solicitation. Responsibilities include: conducting research on individual prospects to grow donor prospect database, screening and cultivating prospects and current WRHS donors, managing a call process to facilitate outreach and solicitation. Assist with additional tasks as requested by the Advancement Associate.
4. Support the Grants Manager to include: coordinating necessary logistics for generation of grant proposals, corporate solicitations and acknowledgements. Assist with cultivation and stewardship efforts as requested by the Grants Manager.
5. Manage individual gift processing to include: data entry on incoming gifts, pledges, production, and delivery of acknowledgement letters to individual donors.
6. Support the Senior Vice President, Advancement to include: manage, events and meetings calendar; prepare supplemental materials for fundraising activities; assistance with Board of Directors correspondence, as well as scheduling/organization of committee meetings. Assist with additional tasks as requested by the Senior Vice President, Advancement.
7. Provide administrative support to Advancement staff with special event planning and implementation to include: tracking of RSVP's, dollars raised, and follow-up correspondence.
8. Manage all Memberships. This includes membership entry, updates, and renewals. Creating a relationship with members to cultivate a welcoming community for long term continued membership. Help the Gift Shop manage questions and anything else they encounter with membership data they receive. Lastly, the Advancement Coordinator will mail out all membership renewal reminders and lapsed membership renewal reminders.
9. Monitor Advancement department supply inventories.
10. Supervise, manage and schedule Advancement volunteers to assist with departmental tasks/mailings.
11. Work as a team member of the Advancement department, assisting with all general fundraising activities including special events and fundraising campaigns.
12. Perform additional tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have an undergraduate degree. Professional experience should include at least two years of Advancement work with a nonprofit organization, preferably a museum or other cultural institution, with proven experience in database management. Experience with Raiser's Edge is a plus. Must possess strong communication skills, both in speaking and writing, and demonstrate excellent organization skills with attention to detail. Must have the ability to problem-solve and multitask under tight deadlines. Maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, donors and staff. Must maintain donor confidentiality at all times. The ability to work in a positive team-oriented environment, but also function autonomously is essential. Some nights/weekend hours are required.