BI Data Engineer
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a BI Data Engineer. This individual needs to have 6+ years of application development experience in EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) systems. They need to also have 2+ years of AWS data modelling, OLAP, security in AWS Tableau and BI Data Lakes experience. This is a developer of data lakes position.
- 6+ years of application development experience in EDW systems and 2+ years AWS technology stack.
- You will design, develop, enhance, debug, support, maintain and test AWS Cloud solutions that support the business.
- Strong Datamodelling capabilities and system integration skills.
- Strong relational and OLAP database skills.
- Good understanding of Security in the AWS on cloud technology stack.
- Excellent knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies.
- Strong experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with BI Data Lakes, EC2, S3, EMR, Glue, Sqoop, Python, Spark, SQL, Redshift. RDS
Ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Critical thinking skills with strong communication skills to effectively communicate across varied areas including technology, business functions and senior leadership.
- Stays up to date with the latest emerging technologies in data lake scenarios and use cases.
- Team player with debugging and complex problem-solving knowledge and a positive attitude.