Lead GRC Cloud Consultant
Posted on Sep 25, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Lead GRC Cloud Consultant
- Continuously evaluate the organization's existing cloud security practices, define and measure security-related activities, and demonstrating improvements to the cloud programs within the organization.
- Develop and maintain a balanced cloud security governance framework based on industry standards.
Ensure compliance with society, regulatory, and industry standards for cloud based security.
- Work with Application Development, Cloud, Governance, and Compliance teams to help formulate and implement a strategy for cloud based security that is tailored to the specific risks facing the organization, including threat modelling and applications security advisement services.
- Support lead security consultants in promoting and consulting on the positions that help strengthen and secure the organization by either following standards or helping direct others on technology positions.
Evaluate business strategies, requirements, and user needs, existing usage cloud platforms, technical capabilities, and overall cloud application maturity, and provides strategic guidance and best-practices based recommendations for implementing governance boards and proven best practices for cloud based application/platform development, deployment, and support.
Help facilitate review of changes in company processes, standards and technology to ensure the effectiveness of security controls to meet compliance requirements.
Help consult with stakeholders on requirements for new and existing business/technology solutions to assure compliance to compliance frameworks and internal standards and governing policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience with 5+ years' in secure application/platform development and security
3+ years' project management, consulting, and/or application security analyst experience
Any relevant industry standard certifications preferred (CompTIA, ISACA, ISC2, SANS Institute/GIAC, EMC, Amazon, VMware), AWS Certified Solutions Architect, CompTIA Cloud+ Certification, CISSP, Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
Strong understanding of cloud security governance & experience establishing cloud security governance across an organization
Practical understanding and use of cloud computing and cloud security tools
Strong understanding of IT security best practices by applying depth and breadth of expertise in multiple related disciplines
Understanding of Agile/XP/Scrum/Kanban, Test Driven Development built on User Stories and Continuous Integration/Testing/Delivery
Demonstrated success at leading cross-functional projects leveraging SDLC methodology. Basic knowledge of Security Analysis (manual and leveraging automated scanning tools)
Ability to stay up to date with current cybersecurity threat landscape to account for changing circumstances when evaluating security risks
Ability to maintain technical proficiency via self or formal training
Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Project, Access, Visio) and SharePoint
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: