Posted on Sep 24, 2019 by Ubique Systems UK Limited
Role: Site Manager
Required Domain: Life Sciences or Healthcare
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
Work as a Site Manager/Consultant in the team delivering best in class solutions and services to our clients.
- Manage a team of 18 - 20 engineering technicians, manufacturing and process engineers supporting various value streams and functions within the supply chain organization.
- Motivate and drive team members towards meeting organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide technical leadership to the team as and when required.
- Possess sound knowledge of Medical device manufacturing engineering and NPI methodologies relevant to medical devices and/or pharma industries.
- Ability to drive & deliver complex Manufacturing engineering solutions for end client.
- Lead NPI development requirements and work with cross functional teams in the Innovation Centre and with the Value Streams.
- Engage with key customer stakeholders across the supply chain organization to understand pain-points and come up with workable solutions and engagement models.
- Strengthen existing customer relationship and explore new areas of opportunities.
- Ensure healthy revenue pipeline, continuous cash flow and profit margins. Report regular revenue and hiring projections and enable revenue realization and fulfilment.
- Collaborate with HR, Talent Management & Resource Management teams on day to day people management issues, hiring & resource fulfilment activities.
- Develop strategic collaborations across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Inspire, challenge, enable, encourage and build a culture of empowerment & ownership within the team.
The candidate will have 18-20 direct reportees.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience of customer relationship management.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience - PMP/Prince certification preferred
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills - to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making - required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility - must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organization skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus.
1. Obtained as a minimum a Degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering and rich experience in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment.
2. Proven track record in development and Installation of manufacturing processes for New Products or Product Transfer.
3.Experience using proven problem solving/Root techniques (8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
4.Demonstrated ability to lead sub teams within a project and give direction to fellow team members, contractors, vendors to complete tasks to a defined timeline.
5.Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Timelines and Cost.
6.Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
7.Expert knowledge of lean manufacturing processes.
Negotiating, client facing, communication, assertive, team leading/team member skills, supportive.
Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a client facing role.