Posted on Sep 24, 2019 by Apollo Solutions Ltd
My Engineering client based in Brussels, is looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their IT Infrastructure Division on a 12 month Rolling Contract. The team is responsible for the architecture, design, installation, management and support of the various technologies based on on WINTEL x86 systems (Physical or Virtual) and mainly on Microsoft and VMWare products.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer will assist the IT Infrastructure Division reach its objectives of setting up infrastructure solutions for various IT projects
Description of the different tasks:
As an "Infrastructure solutions engineer", you support the following tasks:
* Implementation of an IT infrastructure solution under VMWare PKS (Pivotal Container)/Microsoft IoT
* Establishment of a self-service (Kubernetes cluster)
* Provide daily management of VMWare PKS infrastructure and IoT systems (tuning, configuration, maintenance)
* Realization of test systems
* System admin tasks for modules already installed/piloted/tested (within different ICT teams)
* Establishment of technical governance tools IT infrastructure solutions
* Dependency analysis and implementation of solutions for optimal integration with "On-Premise" or Hybrid modules. Help in the definition of a Roadmap for IoT infrastructure solutions and the evolution of IoT technologies in the Infrabel landscape.
* You are required to have a broad technical background in the implementation of IoT infrastructure solutions, a specialist in the world of IoT.
* You are not afraid to look beyond the VMWare or Microsoft stack to learn and you are ready to share knowledge, ready to find a good technical solution for all types of problems.
* Implementation of an IoT infrastructure solution under VMWare PKS (Pivotal Container)/Kubernetes/Microsoft IoT
* Implementation and documentation of IoT Governance
* Implementation and documentation of security on IoT products
* Work instructions
* Knowledge transfer for the I-ICT.323 office
As an "IT Infrastructure solutions engineer", you will support the following tasks:
* You are Dutch-speaking or French-speaking with English
* Experience in deploying and managing VMWare solutions (IoT Pulse, VMWare PKS, Harbor, etc.)
* Experience in deploying and managing the "Container/Docker" world
* Microsoft IoT
* Experience in Golang programming language (Go Programming Language)
* Experience in deployment and management (kubernetes cluster)
* Experience in the development and automation of integration and continuous delivery pipelines
* Hybrid implementation;
* Experience in the field of IT, DevOps, VMWare and Microsoft and the implementation of the operational management and monitoring required
Feel free to give Allison Stephens a call to discuss: (see below)