Heavy Civil Construction Project Manager
Posted on Sep 24, 2019 by Overland Corporation
Overland Corporation is currently seeking a Heavy Civil Construction Project Manager for projects in the Southern Oklahoma/North Texas region. We are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us. This position will provide overall supervision and coordination on one larger project or several small projects that require interfacing of heavy/civil road projects. This position requires maintaining a strong working relationship with inspectors, vendors, and subcontractors and outstanding customer service skills are essential.
- Analyze and update cost information on job cost reporting data
- Review all billings to ensure accurate reflection of job cost
- Process all change orders as required by project owners to include detail necessary for job cost reporting
- Maintain profit/loss accountability for individual projects to include job cost controls as established by the construction manager and take proactive measures to meet or beat budgeted costs.
- Read and interpret owner's drawings and specifications to ensure that staff and sub-contractors understand all the specific job requirements
- Monitor self-performed work to ensure labor and equipment needs are adequate
- Review daily time sheets to insure accurate job cost data
- Order and properly allocate cost for all material resources needed to complete the project.
- Direct all job personnel in the implementation of E.E.O
- Provide positive safety leadership to the project and enforce Overland's safety culture throughout the project
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred, but may be substituted by experience
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry with projects in the fields of heavy highway, bridges, heavy civil, dirt, etc.
Overland offers an excellent salary with benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation and company match 401K plan.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.