VP Commercial Relationship Manager
Posted on Sep 24, 2019 by Home Savings
Determines needs of customers seeking loans and lines of credit; Provides financial advice and counsel, and makes recommendations on financial and organizational structure, locations, and other matters to customers and prospects
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determines needs of customers seeking loans and lines of credit. Interviews applicants to obtain information concerning their business's needs and makes decisions on loans and terms with the assistance of management and/or credit administration.
- Calls on existing and potential customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business; cross-sells all appropriate business and consumer loan and deposit products to strengthen customer relationships.
- Maintains appropriate records relating to deal generation efforts in the form of a production pipeline database. The database is to be updated at least weekly in order to senior management to effectively track calling efforts and appropriately forecast production efforts in the budgeting process.
- Maintains a weekly call report log to demonstrate new business generation efforts and to assist senior management with sales tracking.
- Assist Portfolio Managers when called upon with the development and documentation of strategies to minimize risk and maximize overall profitability on an account-by-account basis. Assist Portfolio Managers with the assignment, periodic review and documentation of risk ratings on individual's portfolio accounts to maintain accurate risk assessments.
- Assists Portfolio Managers when called upon with existing loan customers to ensure conformity with terms and covenants, and determines the existence of any adverse financial or other trends that would impact the risk rating of the credit.
- Provides financial advice and counsel to customers and prospects; studies industrial, commercial and financial situations relating to new or existing businesses; makes recommendations on financial and organizational structure, locations, and other matters.
- Acts as advisor to branches and other departments on commercial loan and deposit products, questions and issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate degree is required, preferably in accounting, finance or economics. Formal credit training required. Prior experience in a commercial lending position required and a minimum of 5-7 years of lending experience is required. Must be able to generate new loans and meet minimum production hurdles in terms of new dollar generation. Should require minimum oversight and assistance in generating new business and should have an established network of resources to call upon to reach production goals.