Posted on Sep 24, 2019 by Systems Search
JOB FUNCTION AND SCOPE
Perform the day-to-day payroll operations of the company, process weekly multi-state payrolls, process special payouts severance, bonuses, garnishments, employee benefits, prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for all general ledger balances related to payroll. Maintain payroll system ensuring data input integrity and accuracy. Support Plant Controller by performing daily cost roll-ups and monthly analytical review of product cost. Perform daily bank postings in SAP. Audit, post and approve weekly expense reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process payroll for over 200 salary and hourly employees for multiple business units.
- Poll electronic time clocks and review the download information for completeness and accuracy of hours worked.
- Contact various supervisors for any missed time.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Handle complaints or questions regarding discrepancies.
- Calculate and include deductions, such as income tax withholding, insurance and other deductions.
- Set-up garnishments and validate calculations.
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Maintain internal management reports.
- Trouble shoot payroll software issues
- Prepare monthly hours reporting for all business units.
- Investigate tax inquiries from governmental agencies.
- Payroll processing documentation
- Maintain payroll accruals and accounting entries.
General Ledger Activities General Ledger (15%)
- Post daily banking activities to the general ledger
- Maintain cash management spreadsheet
- Maintain cash posting templates in SAP
- Reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Payroll posting to general ledger
Accounts payable (10%)
- Back-up AP function
- Generate weekly payment runs
Expense Reporting (20%)
- Review and approve expense reports for account accuracy
- Maintain Certify expense reporting system
- Post credit card transactions to general ledger
- Audit expense reports for accuracy and compliance
Cost Accounting (20%)
- Daily maintenance of product cost roll-up
- Monthly analytical review of product cost
All other duties as assigned (10%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience processing exempt, non-exempt payrolls
- Through knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws, payroll tax laws and regulations
- ADP Workforce Now
- SAP experience a plus.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.