Solution Operations Engineer VMware and NetApp
Posted on Sep 24, 2019 by Alchemy Talent Ltd
Main Technical skills
VMware, ESX, Storage, NetApp, multiple flavours of UNIX/Linux, Windows Server, TCP/IP and General Networking, Load Balancing. ITIL, ISO20000 best practices, working with change/incident/problem management teams, understanding and owning processes Knowledge of ISO 27000 best practices.
This role would suit a Senior Engineer that wants to move away from being more hands on
The Solution Operations Engineer will:
- Report to the Team Leader Customer Support for day-to-day activities and reporting
- Co-ordinate tasks with our clients personnel locally and across Europe as required
- Manage tasks and escalations to customers partner companies and vendors
- Work with the Customer Support Teams
- Support the Project Delivery teams with handover into Customer Operations
- Work with the Premier Service Manager as required on capacity management and Continuous Service Improvement
- Work with the Technical Architect to feedback operational lessons learnt and ensure on-going solution improvement
- Commitment to regular travel activities between the customer site and our clients site
As a SOE key responsibilities include:
- Be technical authority for the customer's solution within the Customer Support teams. Identify customers' needs and transport these into our client.
- Handle technical escalations for customer solution. Take ownership of and resolve accordingly any problems/issues escalated by clients.
- Provide solution-specific operational support as required
- Act as our clients technical authority on solution within both customer and our clients Change Approval Boards
- Take responsibility for capacity reporting and pro-active capacity planning/management. Carry out analysis of performance issues within Customer solutions.
- Support our customers Problem Management processes as applicable to supported solution. Develop and improve the technical processes.
- Lead solution-specific Problem
- Act as Interface between our client and their sister companies within the overall customer project
- Provide technical validation of project handover into Customer Support
- Provide technical support during the application load phase of project implementation. Quality Assurance of the implemented services and documentation
- Ensure deployed monitoring configuration enables solution SLA reporting requirements. Optimize and enhance monitoring where needed and possible
- Manage the Disaster Recovery process and documentation and support routine testing of DR invocation
- Own all solution related technical documentation, and update as required
- Define and manage specific operational processes/housekeeping tasks
- Attends regular Service Review Meetings
- Proactive Monitoring of the solutions
- Identification of potential for further improvements in combination with the analysis and derivation of suitable measures
- Provide regular input to solution Technical Architect regarding possible improvements and technical issues
- Facilitate training of the Customer Support teams for the customer solution, as part of a continuous cycle and as key changes are implemented into the solution.
- Carry out further tasks as required
- The SOE supports a long-term partnership with the customer. The SOE acts as an essential link between the our client and our customer.
Additional Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Working in line with Best Practice in complex environments and within tight time constraints
- Management of effective and timely problem resolution
- Drive and energy to achieve desired results
- Understanding and managing our customers' expectations
- The ability to adapt and influence in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent prioritisation, time management and communication skills
- The ability to develop and build relationships.
- The ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner and listen attentively to others in providing instructions
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organisation and follow-through skills
- The successfully support of complex technical solutions
- Proactively tackling customer problems
- Proactively sharing knowledge and information
- Professional skills in verbal and written English