Banking First Line Technical Support/Desktop Support
Posted on Sep 23, 2019 by MW Recruitment
Banking First line technical support/Desktop Support
City, London Bank/Mortgage/Liverpool Street Station
£30,000 to £40,000 + Bens - See Below
The IT Support Technician's role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support within the organization's technology environment. This includes the support of all PC hardware and related equipment, operating system and application software, telephone and mobile support. The person will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required. The ideal candidate will have banking experience with a degree and Microsoft accreditations and 3-5 years hands on experience.
- Receive, log and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding technology problems and provide timely resolution or escalation.
- Recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Build, configure, install, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software. Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to hardware, including the installation hard disks, RAM, etc.
- Active Directory administration, user administration etc.
- First line LAN/WAN troubleshooting
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user Workstation software products.
- Provide support on the Microsoft Office family of products along with the company's bespoke application suite
- Support of mobile computing products (laptops, iPad's, iPhones, Android devices etc.)
- Support of the company's phone system (Avaya)
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistical monitoring within the technology environment
- Develop and maintain inventories of hardware/software and other components and equipment.
- As necessary, liaise with third-party support and vendors.
- Provide technical resource/support to IT infrastructure projects
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/desktop/laptop hardware
- Video conferencing
- Microsoft Windows 7/10; deployments, support and upgrades
- Active Directory and Exchange administration
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting and PC support experience
- Ability to use and support MS Office, MSSQL and other reporting/database packages
- Management of mobile devices
- Support of remote users and remote desktop/services
- Knowledge of VMWare and virtualised technologies
- Networking protocols/technologies; Switches and Firewalls, DNS,
- Telecoms - circuits and associated infrastructure
- On premise and hosted telephone systems/SIP protocols, recording etc
- Exposure to, and knowledge of, hosted/cloud-based solutions - eg
- Knowledge of, and exposure to, Audio Visual and conference services
- Able to understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and associated products as required
Bonus package - 25 Days Holiday, Pension, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance
Season Ticket Loans, Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Please send your CV ASAP