Solution Architect - Permanent
Posted on Sep 23, 2019 by McCabe & Barton
- Work with Enterprise Architecture Engineering teams to define and implement standard patterns and make reference implementations available to the wider organization.
- Participate in Architecture Reviews of specific applications and ad-hoc deep-dives of key projects and architectural focus areas.
- Work within the team to identify, categorize and manage the current portfolio of technologies in use within the firm/Review and approve technology purchase and renewal decisions.
- Track the usage and users of technologies and make plans for retiring deprecated or end of life technologies.
- Identify gaps in the technical offerings, assist in creating working groups with stakeholders across the firm to provide recommendations, standards and decision frameworks around filling these gaps.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, business or related field and proven experience in IT design, development and implementation
- Worked in or led enterprise-wide IT architecture or development initiatives with experience managing and leading virtual, cross-functional teams
- Good understanding of applications and infrastructure life cycles with strong knowledge of software architecture/design & engineering.
- Understand the importance of non-functional requirements and how to architect secure, robust and high-performance systems.
- Experience of architecting solutions on AWS would be preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and open source technologies and frameworks, using object-oriented development and design patterns, and optimised for the enterprise
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design and JSON
- Good awareness of Dev Ops - including Continuous Integration and Delivery using agile Configuration Management, Environment Management, Release Management practices
- Strong passion and expertise in technology solutions and can demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and keeping their technical skills and knowledge current.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute transition strategies
- Ability to assess, develop, and mentor existing staff in strategic technology architecture competencies
- Strong consultative skills required to work directly with the business leaders and appropriately influence, understand architecture gaps; working across the organization to develop new capabilities for firm leverage.
- It is essential they can deliver complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels in and across the organization with internal & external customers/suppliers.
- Team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly