Resident Network Engineer - SDN/NFV - Belgium
Posted on Sep 23, 2019 by Flint Consulting Limited
We are looking for a Resident Network Engineer with a background working on Juniper networks to provide technical expertise and "forward-looking" technical services to optimize network reliability and performance. You will work in a team delivering transformational SD-WAN and Network Virtualization Cloud Solutions for leading top-tier telco customers. Providing end to end Service Wrap/Solution Design for global virtualized networks as a service as well as IT OSS and BSS integration points, as well as full orchestration of network deployment and closed loop self-healing systems.
Key role responsibilities for the Resident Engineer/SME
- Support production environment of Juniper products within the Customer infrastructure
- Support the delivery and technical escalations of SD-WAN and NFV Cloud Solution customers
- Troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues.
- Participation in an on-duty rotation to assist in troubleshooting and service restoration outside of business hours and at weekends.
- Hold technology workshops with the Customer to discuss equipment and network problems, and to provide case status updates, including the reasons for any problems encountered and the workarounds and/or solutions that are being tried
- Understand the Customer's organizational structure and become familiar with the Customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures to help in supporting a network that is available and sustainable.
- Assist the Customer to develop Network Operating and Equipment Operating Procedures.
- Develop and maintain scripted solutions to simply troubleshooting and pro-active maintenance.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practice policies for Juniper product applications used by Customer
- Hold network information gathering workshops with the Customer to understand the Customer's existing network design and technical requirements of new network designs.
- Train the Customer's design, implementation and support personnel to configure and operate the Juniper Networks products
Key Skills required
- CSO & NFX products
- Experience of implementing virtualized software and solutions
- able to outline and detail the technical impacts of migrations etc. between both uCPE on IPVPN and VPN+
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
- Detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP Networks. These skills should generally include:
- TCP/IP fundamentals,
- IP subnetting and supernetting and hierarchical routing principles,
- Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP),
- Routing policies at BGP peering points,
- Switching, spanning tree and other switching technology as required, Firewalls and associated technologies as required
- Advanced Knowledge of Routing, Switching & Firewall
- CSO and NFX products
- Good understanding of Juniper MX Operation & Design
- Good understanding of Juniper SRX Operation & Design
- Advanced knowledge of MPLS/VPN L2TP Operation & Design
- Familiarity with JUNOS Space and Other Enterprise Level Management Tools
- Contrail, OpenStack (Redhat/Mirantis/other), Contrail Service Orchestration (other Orchestration), Ubuntu/RHEL, KVM (other) Hypervisors, Containers, Docker and other Juniper products including vMX, vSRX, NFX. Knowledge of underlay/overlay and IP Networking.
- Linux, Scripting (eg Perl, Python), Network Monitoring and OSS/BSS/IT integration.
- Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks Router, Firewall, switching and Service Orchestration products, passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Juniper Certification a plus
- Spanish language a plus
Apply for immediate Interviews. Flint is a provider of services to the ICT Industry