HCM Project Manager: Workday Global Implementation - Santa Clara Count
Posted on Sep 23, 2019 by Skillsearch Limited
HCM Project Manager: Workday Global Implementation - Santa Clara County, California
We are working with a client in Santa Clara who is looking for a major contributor to their next generation of Human Resources Systems as they migrate their Legacy environment to Workday.
You will have the opportunity to work with all HR functions (Payroll, Compensation & Benefits, HR Administration, Staffing, Learning) and HRIT cross-functional teams in the planning, project management, analysis, design and implementation of HCM across geographical and functional areas.
- HR Project Manager for one or more of the main tracks of the global implementation of the Workday HCM project; examples, HR functional processes, data migration, user acceptance test, cutover activities, etc.
- Administration, configuration, testing new releases of the HCM system after implementation.
- Functional owner of global HR administration processes, technology and systems. Includes the administration, process development, transactions, and implementation and delivery of global HR Systems.
- Manage complex projects from start to finish inclusive of project planning, execution, tracking, facilitating technical/operational requirements identification and working with the IT department on projects with IT system delivery components.
- Manage changes to existing processes and systems by working with HR functional owners to:
- Document requirements for changes
- Manage the testing process of changes
- Approve production implementation of changes
- Participate in communications/training efforts of the changes as needed
- Maintain responsibility for the administration of Agilent programs. This includes:
- Thinking through analytical models that provide the necessary information
- Be the deep support contact on related systems and processes
- Support program and executive reporting needs
- Provide HR data expertise and administration in support of key processes
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master's degree, or equivalent experience. A degree in an HR or IT discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years' experience with dedicated project management using industry-standard project management tools and techniques in a global environment.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting one of the top HCM systems, Workday strongly preferred, for a global company.
- Functional knowledge of all HCM modules (eg Compensation, Talent, Recruiting/Onboarding, Self-Service, etc.).
- Experience testing new releases of one of the major HCM systems, Workday strongly preferred, is desired.
- Excellent understanding of HR business practices and how they relate to and are incorporated into HCM systems.
- Experience integrating Acquisitions into HCM systems is a plus.
- Expertise in information technology and working with IT teams.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expertise in creating test plans and testing HCM and other HR systems.
- Demonstrated experience handling sensitive employee data (data privacy) and confidential materials.
- Experience with Report Writer tools desired.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus.
- Efficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and various presentation tools (eg WebEx).
If you have any questions, or if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Charlie Raffan or email (see below)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tags: Workday, HRIS, HCM, SaaS, SaaS Project Manager, Project Manager, Workday Studio, HRIS Project Manager, HR Systems.
In accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, this position is advertised based upon Skillsearch Limited having first sought approval of its client to find candidates for this position. Skillsearch Limited acts as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business