Senior Linux DevOps Engineer - Relocation Assistance!
Posted on Sep 23, 2019 by Visionaire Partners
Senior Linux DevOps Engineer (Relocation Assistance!)
Industry leading financial technology company is seeking a Senior Linux DevOps Engineer to join their global team based in Atlanta!
As the Senior Linux DevOps Engineer, you will serve as the final point of contact for internal escalations, issues, bugs, etc., on a team that is responsible for creating and maintaining availability and high-performance in mixed development, non-production, and production environments (90% Linux and 10% Windows).
This is a hands-on role where you will assist in the design, planning and implementation of server solutions, evaluate, test, and integrate new operating system versions, drivers, and patches. In order to be successful in this role, you must have strong Linux experience (Redhat is a plus) and experience working in an enterprise environment as this team supports over 15,000 Servers. Equally as important will be hands-on experience with programming (C, C++, Ruby, Python, etc), Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc), automation and configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent.
This position requires a weeckly on-call rotation for after-hours support.
Enjoy this direct-hire position in Atlanta with an industry leading organization working with a team of true technologist under excellent leadership and 1 day telecommute after 90 day ramp up!
- 5+ years Linux experience (Red Hat flavours preferred)
- Advanced Scripting (any combination of Perl, Ruby, Bourne, Python, and others)
- Experience with build automation and configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Hands-on programming experience (any language and can be Front End, Back End, or system level development)
- Experience as the top point of escalation (Lead or Sr) within your infrastructure environment
- Experience working in a low-latency, high-performance enterprise environment support 500+ Servers (we support 15,000)
- Ability to participate in weekly on-call support on a rotational basis
- Bachelor's Degree
- Kernel tuning, performance testing and benchmarking
- Puppet, Chef, Git
- Experience within the Financial industry