Principal Architect, IT Applications
Posted on Sep 22, 2019 by American Airlines
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 32834
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
This job is a member of the Information Technology team within the Information Technology Division. This position is a senior technical role on a highly skilled and experienced team providing technical application design and leadership services.
What you'll do
With broader understanding of the latest trends and technologies, this position provides the technical direction and leadership in the architecture, design, development and deployment of solutions within our customer base. This job is a member of the Customer Technology team, within the Information Technology Division. This position is a senior technical role on a highly skilled and experienced team providing technical application design and leadership services on the Customer Notifications team.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and contribute to the technical approach of application design
- Collaborate with developers to guide the architecture approach for the functional and technical design; reviews, revises, and approves the content of these design documents
- Create required documents to support technical application architecture, vision, strategy, standards, policies, and presentations
- Continually contributes technical input and responses in meetings and discussions in order to support the best application architecture
- Escalate technical issues when needed to keep project on track and minimize risk
- Create, maintain, and communicate application architecture standards and procedures related to design, development, and other associated activities
- Ability to understand and analyze business data requirements in order to create accurate, extensible, flexible logical data models using modeling tools
- Review source code changes and/or unit test cases when applicable (i.e. where design, coding or project can involve high risk).
- Provide technical assistance and feedback, as needed, related to Notifications and its architecture
- Consult and advise resources for related application architecture and infrastructure services and technologies
- Apply appropriate technology to reduce costs and/or improve productivity resulting in value to the company
- Maintain an effective approach on problem solving, multi-tasking, coordinating, and scheduling in accordance with stated goals to ensure visibility and predictability
- Influence and empower team members for growth and independence
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, professional, leadership attitude and frame of mind when working with and communicating with others
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology , Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 8 years of application systems design experience
- 5 years architectural and design experience
- Knowledge of systems integration practices and understanding of service oriented architecture principles, practices, and related technologies, such as XML, SOAP, REST, and JSON
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- TIBCO BW (Rest/SOAP Services), TIBCO Admin, EMS, TIBCO BE
- Linux, SQL, SQL stored procedures, Ready API, CI/CD, DevOps, HTML, and production support
- Microsoft technology, UNIX, Linux, MQ Series, and UML
- n-tiered web architecture, relational databases, and web development
- Expertise in disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycles, development and technology tools, testing methodologies, and requirements gathering
- Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple efforts concurrently with the skills to keep complex initiatives moving forward quickly while exercising an appropriate level of procedural discipline
- Hands-on experience in systems development in a variety of computing architectures and environments, with a deep understanding of architectural concepts, issues, and trends
- Experience with event driven architecture
- Experience in DevOps toolchain technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
- Three years of technical or team leadership experience
- Airline industry experience
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself that s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 32834
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, backend, back end, develop, developer, programming, sde, sdet, software programmer