Search Technologies Developer - Apache Solr OR ElasticSearch
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Search Technologies Developer - Solr
Apache Solr is preferred but will look at Elastic search. You will need Java Scripting in Puppet Perl Python Bash. Implementation/support of Lucidworks and Apache Solr solutions content management and search.
The Search Application Developer core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementation and support of Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions.
- Document detailed design, functional and technical specifications in developing Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions.
- Exhibit expertise in Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr architecture and the demonstrated competency to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services architecture.
- Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SDLC best practices including the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues.
- Participates in the discovery phase of projects to determine high level design.
- Analyzes business needs and develops plans to implement software requirements in conjunction with product management and architects.
- Independently handles high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues and tickets/incidents.
- 3+ years of experience with Lucidworks Fusion and/or open source search engines Apache Solr, Lucene, or Elasticsearch.
- Experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java and/or .NET applications.
- Advanced Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Puppet, Perl, Python, Bash, or Unix Shell and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Experience with Source Code Management Tools (eg, GitHub).
- Self-motivated, industrious person able to operate effectively and independently in a collaborative, fluid IT and business environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or experience in closely related field