Vulnerability management Consultant
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 by Ubique Systems UK Limited
Job Description - Vulnerability Analysis and Remediation Tracking (L3)
- Coordinate with client & other 3rd party platform and application teams for remediating vulnerabilities.
- Perform all risk prioritization related activities for every platform like - Windows, Linux, Applications, etc.
- Attend problem management meeting & weekly change management meetings and coordinating with team members regarding technical related issues.
- Participates in meetings with client management.
- SPOC for client team for coordination, communication, and meetings with stakeholders (Tracks/teams, etc.).
- Coordinate with offshore consultants for issue/risk/vulnerability prioritization.
- Communicate, coordinate and guide teams to resolve vulnerabilities.
- Assess vulnerabilities as per client network and critical assets.
- Preparing prioritized risk reports for each business track/team etc.
- Define mitigation approach for prioritized threats.
- Open tickets using ITSM tool and remediation tracking.
- Communicate and guide application teams to resolve application related vulnerabilities.
- Notify patching teams on vulnerability remediation for re-validation.
- Participates in project initiation meetings to get a clear understanding of business requirements.
- Coordinate with all other teams for analysis.
- Communication: Delivers information effectively in a variety of formats including email, analytical reports, and decision documents to the client and other 3rd parties.
- Team working establishes co-ordination & communication channels; encourages an environment of collaboration, takes bottom-line responsibility and closes issues independently, resolves conflicts that may arise out of differing expectations between team members, appropriately gives and is open to feedback from team/co-workers.
- Should be flexible to work in rotational shifts.
- Candidate should have at least 6 years of professional experience in Vulnerability Analysis and Remediation Tracking operations-related roles.
- Expertise in multiple ITSM ticketing tools.
- Expertise in ticket handling process starting from opening a ticket till ticket closure.
- Experience in vulnerability management tools like Skybox, RAPID 7, Nessus, Qualys, and program.
- Experience in vulnerability analysis/triage.
- Expertise in Windows and Linux platforms.
- Excellent understanding of service improvement methodologies.
Soft skills/personality fit:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to make decisions and accept accountability for decisions.
- Excellent communication/speaking skills.
- Presentation skills and public speaking skills - in-person, telephone, web.