Video Integration Engineer
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Netherlands
Harvey Nash is looking for a Video Integration Engineer for LG in Schiphol-Rijk
Duration: 3 months (optie op verlenging)
Number of hours : 35
Years Experience: 3 - 5 Years in Telecoms/ISP/TV and solid understanding and working knowledge of the OSI Model.
Pay Attention! Offers of CV in English, stating motivation, rate and availability.
The Video Systems Integration Engineer is responsible for the integration of new Video services/solutions with the CNO service monitoring framework and tooling. This highly technical hands-on position with project management experience will be the interface to the project delivery teams to determine the operational impact and provide/implement the operational non-functional requirements. The system integrator is responsible for the operationalization of new services and coordinating the On-boarding, Operational Reading Testing and Acceptance processes.
Key Facts and Figures:
No direct or indirect reports
Resource funding to be provided by Product Roadmap program.
- Participate in early phase of projects, preferable in the development phase to take the opera rational needs in to account;
- Gather and analyse data to establish operational requirements;
- Work directly with decision makers and end users to understand, define, and document current and possible future reporting goals, needs, and requirements;
- Collaborate with technology team members, end users, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth on-boarding into Operations;
- Identify trends in the service monitoring tools/dashboards and baseline KPI's;
- Prepare/consolidate the operational and technical Knowledge Base Management system including WiKi etc;
- Prepare Event Management (Monitoring & Healthcheck) work instructions;
- Prepare Incident Management and Diagnostic work instructions;
- Change/Deployment/Warranty technical validations and aftercare work instructions;
- Deliver Job Scheduling Management (Housekeeping) system and associated monitoring;
- Platform Operational Testing & Acceptance;
- Application & Software Acceptance.
All Software called out as a requirement during IA has been set-up and configured.
All Hardware called out as a requirement during IA has been delivered, set-up and configured.
If the project is introducing or modifying any SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) CI's then these must be highlighted as such on the CMDB Update Request form to ensure they are marked as being a SOX CI.
Load & Performance testing:
Operational Readiness Acceptance:
Ticketing Tool: Any new product(s)/service(s) and associated profiles must be setup correctly in the relevant tool allowing full support.
All Impacted Operations tools as called out during HLR, DBR and IA have been updated and tested.
Training as called out in the IA has been provided along with supporting material.
Monitoring: Any new systems/devices being introduced as part of the project need to be integrated into the monitoring tools used by Operations with the correct priority and alarm criteria.
Management Connectivity (Access):
Operations must have the relevant access to any new or changed systems.
Reporting: Any new or amended reports have been developed & delivered.
3rd Party Vendors Operating Model & Funding.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to see at both the helicopter view and focus on detail;
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and cloud technologies [aws, kubernetes, docker etc], certification is plus;
- Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international Matrix organization having people with different cultural backgrounds;
- Fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language;
- Knowledge of Apache Web Server Administration and Oracle database Administration [certification is plus];
- Experience with at least one type of Java application environment, eg JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere;
- Strong and dynamic individual, with the ability to thrive under pressure;
- Solid awareness of production operational processes, preferably to ITIL level (certification not required);
- Exposure to and understanding of Internet, TCP/IP Systems and Protocols, and Unix based systems.