IT Service Desk Agent - L2
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
IT Service Desk Agent - L2
Dublin City Centre
Summary of Role
- The Service Desk Agent is the first point of contact for the users who interact with the IT Service Desk covering desktop, telephony, networking and Business applications. While providing a high level of customer interaction, IT Level 2 Agents are responsible to support Level 1 agents in a timely fashion, and Level 2 & 3 IT requests to the appropriate support and resolver groups.
- The ideal candidate should possess strong solutions background in both technical support and technical administration.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with a Positive work attitude enthusiastic, self-motivated and strong workload management.
- The role will report to the IT Service Desk Manager. The IT service Desk Level 2 agent will be required to work on staggered shift of (+/- 3 hours) to support organisation in 24/7 supporting 45+ global office Locations, as well as work on-call/weekend work for after-hours support on a rotating schedule.
- Respond to IT requests from all emails, portal, and telephone and escalations from Level 1 support within the agreed targets;
- Log and assign all IT requests and work requests accurately in the Apex IT ticketing system and provide an accurate description of issue resolution.
- Perform troubleshooting, researching and diagnostics of difficult issues; Investigate recurring issues and provide solutions to address root problem including remote connection to end user devices using remote access tools;
- Implement solutions or escalate problems to appropriate resolvers, monitor progress until the issue is resolved.
- Communicate clearly to users in a timely and polite manner and keep the end user informed of the progress of IT requests at all appropriate times;
- Follow and create standard operating procedures (SOPs) for incident management;
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to Service Manager in a timely manner;
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests;
- Complete special projects where independent and/or team collaboration is needed.
- Mentor and support Level 1 service desk agents;
- Passion for results, enjoy problem solving and finding solutions. Strong, professional customer service attitude;
- Works well under pressure and demonstrates flexibility and sensitivity to changing priorities.
- Familiarity with change management practices in complex environments;
- Provide on site support when required in offices (may require travel);
- 3+ years experience in a computer related support or and IT operational environment;
- A recognised third level qualification in a computer related discipline;
- One or more recognised industry certification in PC, Network and Server support (Comptia A+, Server +, Network +, MCP in Windows 7/8/10);
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Excellent customer focus, and excellent time-keeping is a key requirement of the role;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills;
- Excellent problem solving abilities and ability to work under own initiative;
- Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software in use