Senior Voice Engineer
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Voice Engineer. This role is all about unified communications and network components PSTN/VOIP, LAN/WAN/Wireless solutions. This individual needs to have 8+ years' experience as a Sr. Voice Engineer. This person needs to have experience with Cisco networking, VoIP, TDM Gateways, SIP, CUBEs, UC Platforms 10.X and up, CUCM, CUC, UCCX. They are also looking for someone with either CCIE, CCNP, CCVP, or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise with network engineering
- Ability to perform capacity and resource planning, assess risks, and recommend, design and implement plans for network systems
- Ability to troubleshoot to identify and correct malfunctions and help solve multi-faceted problems
- Working knowledge of network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Research, evaluate and recommend network-related software and hardware products and services
- Perform capacity and resource planning for network systems
- Assess network risks and perform contingency planning
- Provide input to supplier management team to help establish the telecommunications and network-related vendor service agreements
- Install, configure, and maintain telecommunications and network systems (hardware and software)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical communications and network issues (tier three support)
- Provide input to supplier management team to help manage telecommunications and network-related vendor service level agreements
- Stay up-to-date on telecommunications, networks and network-related technologies
- Serve as a technical resource for infrastructure initiatives that require telecommunications or network expertise
- Effective collaboration with leadership and teams within IT and across other functions
- High School diploma, GED, or vocational training Required
- Bachelors or Technical Degree Preferred (computer science, information systems or other industry related curriculum)
- 8 or more years of work experience as a Senior Voice Engineer.
- Experience with Cisco Networking, VoIP, TDM Gateways, SIP, CUBEs, UC Platforms 10.X and up, CUCM, CUC, UCCX, Expressway, 3rd Party VoIP applications via GUI and CLI interfaces
- CCIE, CCNP, CCVP or equivalent experience required.
- Telco knowledge to process and execute porting and supporting UC tasks
- Plan, Design, and Implement Voice Over IP (VoIP) Networks to current platform
- Ability to configure VoIP components on Switches and Routers to support remote locations and SIP call delivery
- Interact and negotiate with app owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to design and implement VoIP solutions
- LAN and WAN QoS configurations
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with great attention to detail
- Deep experience in telecommunications and network engineering and with telecommunications, network hardware and software components that match the technologies within Company's infrastructure landscape
- Act as Tier 3 support for Network Administrator as scheduled.