Supply Planning Manager - Data Analytics/Tableau/Statistics
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 by Schuback Search Associates
This highly stable company is seeking to hire an experienced Gas Supply Planning Manager with a strong data analytics background.
This individual is responsible for the following:
1. Utilizes a variety of machine learning techniques (neural network, decision tree, clustering, etc.) and advance statistical techniques and concepts to manage all aspects of load planning forecasting
2. Responsible for a variety of data mining, data analysis methods using a variety of data tools to build and implement models for load planning forecasting.
3. Utilized statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets for load planning forecasting.
4. Provides business units with regulatory support for data requests including historical weather and volumetric data, as well as serves as an expert witness and gives testimony before state commissions.
6. Significant knowledge of database concepts and data visualization techniques to extract, cleanse and manipulate data from multiple operational systems and data repositories.
7. Use data analytics tools to build new dashboards, reports and any ad-hoc requests. Participates in decisions concerning data collections, reporting methodology and data analysis.
8. Develops strategies around load forecasting and capacity planning. Develops models and templates for forecasting.
9. Utilizes proprietary load forecast to manage all aspects of load planning including: pipeline transportation and storage determination peak day monthly annually and long term supply requirements. Creates and maintains daily volumetric database.
10. Provides business units with regulatory support for data requests including historical weather and volumetric data as well as serves as an expert witness and gives testimony before state commissions.
11. Uses statistical analysis to create short-term forecasts to assist with daily gas supply purchase decisions for all Atmos divisions.
12. Is responsible for all statistical modelling and Gas Supply data management related to usage weather and customer class.
13. Is responsible for all data analytics within Gas Supply and manages all machine learning functions.
14. Is required to provide regulatory testimony supporting the company's forecasts and decisions.
15. Develops and monitors functional area budgets to ensure efficient utilization of resources. Plans and directs the achievement of area goals and objectives within established company policies.
16. Maintains adequate staffing levels to ensure proper administration of activities. Selects develops trains motivates and evaluates the performance of assigned employees.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business/statistics or a related field and 4-5 years experience including the following:
- Data/statistical analysis
- Data Analytics tools such as Tableau or other BI tools
- Using Big Data for forecasting
- 3+ years of managing a team of 3 or more
- Work with Computer language (Python, SQL) and/or Machine Learning (Azure) preferred
- Experience involving forecasting or purchase of commodities, especially natural gas a plus.
This is a direct hire position and candidates must be local to the New Orleans area or very willing to permanently relocate to the area.