Web Application Performance Tester
Posted on Sep 21, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Web Application Performance Tester
- Extensive experience with performance testing on web based applications and web services involving windows environments.
- Extensive experience in creating robust performance test scripts with multiple protocols in challenging scenarios and following the best standards.
- Work with development to help optimize the performance and scalability of new features
- Present relevant, clear data and metrics to various audiences - technical and nontechnical
- Provide mentoring on best practices in code and infrastructure optimization, monitoring and proactive issue mitigation
- Extensive performance testing experience with applications involving protocols like web (HTTP/HTML), web services (SOAP and REST API), Ajax (TruClient) and Oracle (NCA and Web App 11i)
- Extensive experience with Loadrunner and ALM Performance center
- Experience with open source performance testing tools like Apache Jmeter, etc. would be added advantage
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) like requirements gathering & analysis, test planning, test designing, test script development, environment setup, test execution, defect tracking, reporting, regression testing and test closure
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience in effort estimation, gathering non-functional requirements (NFRs) and converting them to performance test plan
- Experience in creating and executing performance test strategy
- Extensive experience in all phases of performance testing including test planning, test Scripting, test execution, defect tracking and management
- Extensive experience in monitoring and analysing test environment Servers using enterprise monitoring tools like Dynatrace, Appdynamics, Performance or Linux server logs
- Proficient in analysing performance test results and working with technical teams to resolve the bottlenecks
- Applies performance engineering/tuning to improve overall application performance
- Research industry trends and technologies, and promote adoption of best-in-class tools, technology and processes
- Experience in managing and leading multiple simultaneous projects and team members as a project lead
- Experience in training new project resources with performance testing process, methodologies and tools
- Experience in creating knowledge repository documents based on the new technologies in projects and preparing case studies
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field and 8+ years' experience in the performance engineering field.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise application architecture and technologies including web, web services, distributed and Mainframe databases, Mainframe and messaging layers. Must also have a strong understanding of the monitoring solutions and KPIs used to determine availability and performance of these technology stacks.
- Solid knowledge of HPPC 12.5 or greater for advanced test script development beyond the built-in record and playback capabilities.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Experience with Agile Test Planning Tools (eg JIRA)
- Mobile Performance Test (eg Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- Functional Testing Automation (UFT, Selenium)
- Defect Management (eg HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (eg Git, TFS, RTC)
- IDE (eg Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
- Continuous Integration tools (eg Jenkins)
- Solid experience using the reporting/analysis engine for reporting on and correlating system-level events with the impact on the end user experience.
- Solid experience creating load test scripts using VUGen with the following protocols: HTTP, SOAP, AJAX and Java.
- Testing, APM Tools & Analysis Tools: Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk, Fiddler, IBM Heap Analyzer, Jprobe
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong experience using and implementing best practice programs with respect to load generation, bottleneck analysis, usage of modelling tools and statistical analysis.
- Experience in Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
- Web Service Testing Tool (eg SoapUI)
- Performance Test Tools- MUST HAVE experience with HP Performance Center
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: