Senior Python Backend Developer
Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by Mercator IT Solutions
Senior Python Backend developer
A unique opportunity to be at the tip of the spear of a digital transformation in the energy markets.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in coding in Python, preferably working with data analytics, infrastructure and dev ops. The ideal candidate is interested in developing scalable solutions to successfully host machine learning models in real world applications.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Building Back End infrastructure to allow successful deployment of virtual trading agents for energy markets, possibly using reinforcement learning & other techniques.
- Plan and build hosting solutions for tensorflow models in conjunction with a data scientist.
- Building data pipelines & structuring data flows.
- Stress testing data models and infrastructure.
- Integrating analyses, data, and business processes by incorporating data science solutions in our applications.
- Managing deployment of projects to cloud-based services.
- Managing dev ops for the projects, orchestration and containers.
- Clearly and objectively communicate results, as well as their associated uncertainties and limitations.
- Follow best practices in infrastructure planning and ensure flexibility to allow interoperability between solutions.
We have an evolving portfolio of projects with opportunities to work on interesting and intellectually stimulating problems for the energy and commodities markets.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 3-5 years experience in Python Back End development and 3-5 years experience in infrastructure development, cloud experience is preferred (AWS)
- Familiarity with Container Orchestration and cloud tech such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge and intuition of deployment models to real world applications.
- Curious about new technologies.
- Self-starter, drive for self-learning. Comfortable to work independently.
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks.
- Must work effectively and collaboratively in a dynamic development environment.
- Interest in energy markets.
- Python, Docker, Kubernetes, API Gateway, Lambdas, S3, Cloudformation, Cognito, IAM, PySpark, Glue, Bash, Pytest, Pandas
- Data stores like Postgresql, DynamoDB, Redshift, ElasticSearch, and NoSQL alternative.
- Experience setting up Lambdas, containers and Kubernetes.
Good to have experience:
- Setting up Kubernetes with AWS EKS and deploying applications into the cluster.
- Experience in a number of Python packages, including Numpy, Pandas.
- Ability to help a team to make realistic and achievable delivery commitments.
- Ability to handle a high pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate results frankly and simply.