It Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by CV-Library
My client is now seeking an experienced IT Engineer to join them in working to support their engineering teams as they deliver ground breaking projects within the fields of autonomy, connectivity, data analytics and cyber.
What will your role look like?
* Working within a fast paced, proactive and reactive environment specialising in general 2nd line IT Support, including PC commissioning, decommissioning and support across a 400+ onsite and remote user network. Potentially working in Linux, Windows and Mac environments.
* The role includes telephoning, emailing and visiting users to support them.
Other duties will include?
* PC and server commissioning and decommissioning, mainly with Linux
* PC hardware support
* Software installation and support, including patching
* Troubleshooting to 1st and 2nd line level
* Help desk and phone support
* Network troubleshooting
What would we like from you?
* At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
* Experience of supporting Linux
* Formal IT qualifications preferred
* Previous demonstrable work within an IT support environment is essential.
* Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* PC support knowledge
* Experience of supporting Windows 7 and 10 is preferred
* You must be able to lift PC equipment and be flexible enough to access under desk space for cabling connections
* Git, SVN, Jira and shell scripting knowledge would be advantageous
Due to the nature of this role you should ideally be a British Citizen or have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. If this doesn’t apply to you then please don’t apply