Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by TeamBradley
LOCATION: Greater Chicagoland area near Deerfield, IL
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
Our client, a leader in the retail industry, has always been committed to offering their employees stability, outstanding benefits packages and ample opportunities for growth within the organization. They believe in acknowledging and rewarding the hard work, dedication and achievements of employees and providing a working environment that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration. They are currently looking for an outstanding network engineer to join their team. The Network Engineer will help design, implement, maintain, and support their growing network infrastructure.
- Configure and install various network devices and services.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades.
- Monitor performance, resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning to ensure system availability and reliability.
- Provide support and troubleshoot network issues.
- Work within established policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures with the company's security team.
- Work cooperatively with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve problems.
- Remain familiar with network technologies.
- Open to being on call outside of regular working hours as well as occasional nights and weekends in the office and remote to insure availability of network resources and services.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of hands-on network engineering experience with Cisco CCNP or higher certification.
- Significant experience with Cisco hardware and security devices (eg, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, access points, VPN).
- Knowledge of SNMP management tools (preferably Solarwinds NPM, NCM, and SAM), network security standards and applications using Cisco Firepower, DMVPN, IPSEC, encryption and PKI infrastructure
- Experience with SAN technology including Fiber Channel and iSCSI switching and zoning.
- Skilled with Microsoft DNS, DHCP, LDAP and Network Policy Servers.
- Experience with network documentation and diagraming tools using Visio.
- Understanding of VoIP infrastructure
- Perform network packet capture and analysis
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance standards
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY:
Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary.
ID# JS13217- Network Engineer