Injection Mold Maker
Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by Epson Portland Inc
Are you looking for a career and most importantly, a company you can grow with? Join Epson Portland Inc. today and help build a better tomorrow. We are in the midst of an exciting year and are looking for a candidate that is ready to grow with us!
The Injection Mold Maker works under general supervision to maintain and repair injection molds. Using their technical knowledge, the Injection Mold Maker will perform preventive maintenance, repair molds, and fabricate components. This role is responsible for supporting the department manager and meeting the quality, production, and cost improvement objectives for the molding department.
Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday-Friday
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively participate in the inspection, cleaning, repair, and modification of molds and machined parts for all production areas
- Maintain, monitor, and document injection mold history to ensure continuous adherence to quality specifications and established company standards
- Work from blueprints, specifications, and diagrams, inspect completed work for conformance to company standards
- Coordinate work with outside vendors to order materials, tooling, shop supplies, etc.
- Work closely with engineering department and participate in design reviews
- Perform programming, set-up, and operation of the multi-axis CNC machinery
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Machine Shop Technology or completion of 4-year Apprenticeship program or equivalent applicable education and work experience is required
- Minimum Five (5) years of experience in a tool room is required; demonstrated understanding of injection molding technology
- Advanced PC skills, to include experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Mastercam, is required
- Proficient use of machine tools to include CNC equipment, lathe, surface grinder, band saw, cut-off saw, measurement equipment, and hand tools is required
- Proficient knowledge of tool steel and heat treatment requirements
- Proficient math skills, to include the ability to perform geometry and trigonometry, is required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate with all levels of personnel and outside vendors
At Epson Portland Inc., your input matters. We pride ourselves on inclusion, diversity, and individuality as our innovations come from our differing perspectives. We are steadfast in our commitment to quality, environmental conservation, and developing options and solutions for the Seiko Epson Group. Whether you have been here two weeks or twenty years, you can have an impact on the business and enjoy growth and fulfillment in your career at Epson Portland Inc. Many of our team members have been with us more than twelve years and have deep organizational knowledge to share. Founded in 1986, Epson Portland Inc. is located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
We offer an outstanding benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive, low-cost medical, dental, vision, alternative care, and prescription drug coverage
- Generous paid time off, including sick time, vacation, and holidays
- Income protection plans, including life insurance and disability programs
- Financial security plans including a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Additional benefits such as educational reimbursement, an employee assistance program (EAP), employee discounts and much more
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume in Word or PDF format. Reference Requisition #8791 in the subject line.
Pre-employment drug screening is required. Epson Portland Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.