Power BI Specialist
Posted on Sep 20, 2019 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Power BI Specialist/12 months +/Stockholm/Start ASAP
Are you a Power BI Specialist with the experience and mindset of a Data Analyst, looking for a new challenge? This is an opportunity for you to join an agile team in a large Business Intelligence (BI) organisation with lots of exciting possibilities!
As a Power BI Specialist within Exploratory Analytics (ExA) you will work together with our existing Data Warehouse solutions and with a wide range of my clients internal customers. Your task, together with the team, is to continue to build the Exploratory Analytics platform and enable business to reach smarter and faster insights. The ExA team works in a knowledge sharing way which will give you the chance to learn and develop within the area. It is a small, agile team where you will have a key role in delivering value to a fast moving, high-demanding business.
Microsoft Power BI Pro is available to all office users within my clients worldwide as part of Office 365. Power BI usage is rapidly spreading in our business user community, so we need you who have acquired Power BI specialist skills on top of your Data Analyst competence and experience.
The ease of use and general availability of Power BI at my client gives us the perfect vehicle for providing true Self-Service BI (SSBI) capabilities to our business user community.
We are also using the latest development tools within Azure (Data Factory V2, Azure DataWarehouse, DataBricks, R, Python). It is therefore essential that you are interested in learning new things. Furthermore, since we are pushing the boundaries, we are also setting the standard of working with new tools.
The job as a Power BI Specialist at my client comes with a lot of responsibility - and lots of fun.
Your main areas of responsibilities will be to:
* Focus on the ExA business user community and act as a link between IT and business
* Provide Power BI skills support in a broader sense, meaning support to the BI Self-Service user community
* Provide Power BI assistance primarily to the ExA users but also to other BI teams when using Power BI as Front End tool
* Provide open house "master classes" on a regular basis
* Assist in setting up a planned Power BI reporting/visualisation solution within BI for other BI deliveries to make use of
Just like everyone at my client, we believe you are a social, open, communicative and ambitious team player full of drive and optimism.
Your skills and knowledge includes:
* Senior Data Analyst with specialist skills in Power BI
* Can communicate and build relations with different types of people and roles within both the business and IT
* Good analysis ability and skills
* Pedagogical - you possess the ability to explain complex solutions
* You appreciate to work in a constantly changing business and in a dynamic environment
* You are driven and have a great sense of responsibility
* You are structured and analytic
* Can act as a mentor for others learning Power BI
* Power BI and DAX
* Azure Data Warehouse
* Azure Data Factory
It's also a plus if you have:
* Experience and knowledge of Agile methods
* Experience of R/Python